If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

How Much $$$?

Apollo

How Much $$$?

Post by Apollo » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:23 pm

I'm a few thousand miles overdue for the 30k maintenence....anyone know how much it is? Do they change the oil too?

johnclineii

Post by johnclineii » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:22 am

This is going to vary from dealership to dealership. Look at the maintenance schedule and see what is scheduled. And the one from Ford, not the dealer. (Some dealers have their own maintenance schedules which seem more oriented toward boat purchases--by them--than car maintenance).

I don't remember doing anything special at 30,000 miles other than changing the oil, rotating the tires, replacing the air filter and the fuel filter. Then again, that's been many, many miles ago for me. My maintenance records are out in the car, so I am not sure, but I'm pretty sure that's all I had done.

Of course, my very good dealer always inspects many things on every trip, and recommends any needed services (like belts, hoses, etc.) So far, they haven't had to recommend anything not already specified...

Boggus

Post by Boggus » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:50 am

Runs abous $350 for the 30K
Proud owner of August 2005 Car of The Month
2013 Taurus SHO PP

nabrum

Post by nabrum » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:11 am

Why don't you call the dealer and ask? I've always done this with prior cars and have gotten an answer. For the 30K, it's change oil, fuel and air filters. That's what the quote would be for.
Gorgeous Merlot/Black Limited, CVT/AWD, Moonroof, Side Airbags, Reverse Sensors, etc.

RStabb

Post by RStabb » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:52 pm

Follow John's advice and look at the maintenence schedule.

Ask only for what is required and nothing else.

Some dealers will try to sell you a "wallet flush".

Don't do it. Read your owners manual, be an educated consumer and demand that you get honest service.

Apollo

Post by Apollo » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:03 pm

RStabb wrote:Follow John's advice and look at the maintenence schedule.

Ask only for what is required and nothing else.

Some dealers will try to sell you a "wallet flush".

Don't do it. Read your owners manual, be an educated consumer and demand that you get honest service.

What do u mean by "Required"?

(seriously...)

Boggus

Post by Boggus » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:57 pm

Tranny flush, fuel filter, oil change, tire rotation and anything else they can charge you for. I am also getting some TSB's done while they have it.
Proud owner of August 2005 Car of The Month
2013 Taurus SHO PP