If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Rear Light Stripes

Discuss anything about the exterior here - e.g. paint, styling, colors, wheels, etc.
Apollo

Rear Light Stripes

Post by Apollo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:00 pm

Hey Guys,

Someone on here posted pictures of his 500, and it had the Chrome tail light trim, but it wasn't the putco style. It looked more like the montego's rear lights. It didn't have the chrome strip surrounding the entire light...only 3 or 4 thin chrome stripes going across the tail lights. Has anyone seen these online?

ApoLLo

PsyDoc

DIY

Post by PsyDoc » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:55 pm

Do you mean this?

If so, then you can do this yourself by going to your local auto parts store and getting a roll of 1/4" chrome pin stripe (less than $5). Clean the taillight with rubbing alcohol and the stuff sticks well. I have had it on my car for awhile now and it holds up great.

gened1

I did too

Post by gened1 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:22 pm

PsyDoc gave me directions and I went to the Pep Boys and got the chrome tape and put two stripes on the taillights. Now when I come out of a store I just look at the taillights and can pick my car out of a crowd at quite a distance away!
Gene
Redfire SEL AWD Shale leather, Moonroof,TC Billet grill etc.

Apollo

Post by Apollo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:18 pm

Yeah!!

Thats it!

Who can help?

PsyDoc

Ummmmm...

Post by PsyDoc » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:31 pm

Apollo wrote:Yeah!!

Thats it!

Who can help?
Well, this is a do-it-yourself kind of thing. You purchase the pin striping from an auto parts store, cut it to length, clean the taillight, and it installs like a sticker.

Apollo

Post by Apollo » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:01 pm

I did it! Put them on today. Too easy, once you make sure that one side is lined up with the other one. Pics coming soon!