If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Chrome trunk handle

Discuss anything about the exterior here - e.g. paint, styling, colors, wheels, etc.
porktyme

Chrome trunk handle

Post by porktyme »

Does anyone know the part number for the factory chrome trunk handle (like 2005 Montego's have). I want my 07 fivehundred to have the chrome handle, not too slick on all that aftermarket stick on junk.

I couldn't seem to find it here:
http://www.forddirectonline.com/partloc ... eid=214462

paqman67

Post by paqman67 »

Hello porktyme!!

I found this place/link:
http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails. ... uctID=4962
2005 Dark Blue Pearl LTD AWD
After factory installed reverse sensors, K&N filter, BMW spark plugs, soon to be installed cabin air filter.

porktyme

Post by porktyme »

Thanks but I am looking for the factory piece. Any help out there?

eolafan

Post by eolafan »

Not willing to buy the original factory piece from a Ford dealer, then how about trying an old fashioned way, go to a junk car dealer and pick yourself one off of a wreck?
Jim
2010 Taurus SEL/FWD/Tuxedo Black

porktyme

Post by porktyme »

I want to buy the factory piece from Ford. Can anyone PLEASE help me find a part number/location for this piece.

Avanti

The Montego "chrome" handle

Post by Avanti »

Just so you know, it isn't really chrome, it is more of an aluminum look, sort of a matte finish.
2005 Mercury Premier AWD

pnewby

Try a Mercury dealer.

Post by pnewby »

I'm sure if you call a Mercury dealer, they can look the number up. Also any body shop should be able to help you.

PMCErnie

Re: Chrome trunk handle

Post by PMCErnie »

porktyme wrote:Does anyone know the part number for the factory chrome trunk handle (like 2005 Montego's have). I want my 07 fivehundred to have the chrome handle, not too slick on all that aftermarket stick on junk.

I couldn't seem to find it here:
http://www.forddirectonline.com/partloc ... eid=214462

Why not just get that part (for an '08 Taurus) at your Ford dealer? It should fit. Ask them first.

Today I eyeballed this "chrome" trunk stip at a Ford/Lincoln dealer. The '07 Montego's trunk "handle" seem to have more of a brushed chrome look. The '08 Taurus Limiteds on the lot seemed to have a brighter chrome look on the trunk "handle." You best check this out in person before buying.
2009 Taurus SEL (smokestone/tan)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan (cabernet red pearl/tan)

purrsonality

Post by purrsonality »

I wouldn't be too surprised if the factory piece is also a stick on item just as the aftermarket ones are.

I don't have the part number; but as previously suggested, any Ford dealer should be able to help you out with this.
purrsonality
06 Limited FWD Merlot/black with traction control, navigation system, adj. pedals, moonroof, safety pkg., rear spoiler, chrome door handle covers and chrome tail light trim.
Previous vehicles: 03 Taurus SEL, 95 Taurus GL,
87 Ranger XLT

bls8195

Post by bls8195 »

It actually does look good to me and I don't see alot of 500's with it on, and I have the 2005 with all the chrome side molding and mirros so I think it would probaly look good on my 500. Might have to get it myself.
Brandon
2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited

porktyme

Post by porktyme »

A Ford dealer gave me this info for the satin part that fits 2005 Montego. The link in my first post seems to have remarkably good prices on all kinds of parts. Too bad the 07 limited chrome mesh grill is over $400, I really like that look.

part number you are looking for is 5T5Z54402A30AA and the price is $103.04 plus shipping

purrsonality

Post by purrsonality »

I have the after-market stick on piece on my trunk; so far it's been through rain, car washes, and cold weather and still looks fine to me. I got mine off of ebay; I know that there are usually one or more sellers listing it at any given time.

Anyone interested in seeing what it looks like can check out the pictures in my gallery. I also have the door handle covers and tail light covers as well.
purrsonality
06 Limited FWD Merlot/black with traction control, navigation system, adj. pedals, moonroof, safety pkg., rear spoiler, chrome door handle covers and chrome tail light trim.
Previous vehicles: 03 Taurus SEL, 95 Taurus GL,
87 Ranger XLT

bls8195

Post by bls8195 »

Was it a simple install?
Brandon
2005 Ford Five Hundred Limited

angel500

Post by angel500 »

bls8195 wrote:Was it a simple install?

It was so easy I did it by myself. Place it where you want it before taking the protective strips off for measuring purposes. Then remove the protective strip from the back with the sticky stuffs. Place where you had measured. {I eyeballed it and used my fingers to make sure it was centered.} Press hard. Take protective covering off the faceplate part. Clean and shine. It's not rocket science. Though mine is actually polished stainless steel. It's been on there for about 2 years now. Still stuck as good as the first day and still looks great.

2FAST4U

'08 Taurus Limited part should fit much better......

Post by 2FAST4U »

I used to have the stainless steel stick-on type made by QAA on my car and from far away, it looked ok but when getting closer, it clearly looked like an "added-on" item which I eventually decided to remove. After seeing the trunk handle on an '08 Taurus Limited I found that the fit is much better and of course, "factory-looking" like what I wanted in the first place. So I asked my Ford dealer if it was going to fit my '06 Five Hundred SEL...He said that he'd look it over tomorrow and get back to me.
I'll keep everyone here posted and if it does fit, I'll also post the part number.

Claude.
1971 Chevelle SS 454
1987 Buick Grand National
2008 Ford F-350 "King Ranch" Crew Cab Dually Pickup
2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL
[/i]

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I agree that something is needed on the back. I just saw a black Taurus and noticed the lack of detail in the rear. A little more chrome or brushed metal would make it look better.

2FAST4U

'08 TAURUS CHROME TRUNK HANDLE PART #...

Post by 2FAST4U »

Guys, it took a while, but as promised here is the correct part number for the '08 Taurus chrome trunk handle which also fits on the Five Hundred and Montego: it's# 8G1Z-54402A30-AB
I got it today and installed it in about 5-6 minutes...Just remove the trunk liner under the cover, and it's held there by three bolts. Also, disconnect the two license plate lights and plug them back in the new handle...that's it!...Looks great and fits much better than the aftermarket stick-on stainless steel piece...I know, I had one before but removed it to get this one instead...

Claude :lol:
1971 Chevelle SS 454
1987 Buick Grand National
2008 Ford F-350 "King Ranch" Crew Cab Dually Pickup
2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL
[/i]