If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

ds electric heat seat

Zeke

Re: ds electric heat seat

Post by Zeke » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:50 pm

Silly me! I thought the purpose of a seat was to support the pressure of being sat on. Since this is an American car, it should even survive the heft of fat people. Indeed, I thought it was reasonable to bounce -- not that I ever did . . .

The dealer kept it about four hours, replacing the back and bottom heat elements. Now it works.

mercuryman3800

Post by mercuryman3800 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Zeke wrote:Silly me! I thought the purpose of a seat was to support the pressure of being sat on. Since this is an American car, it should even survive the heft of fat people. Indeed, I thought it was reasonable to bounce -- not that I ever did . . .
Apparently not, lol.
2008 Sable Premier - 60,000 miles - sold

tpr676

Post by tpr676 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:04 am

Zeke wrote:Silly me! I thought the purpose of a seat was to support the pressure of being sat on. Since this is an American car, it should even survive the heft of fat people. Indeed, I thought it was reasonable to bounce -- not that I ever did . . .

The dealer kept it about four hours, replacing the back and bottom heat elements. Now it works.
Glad to hear they had the parts in stock that's what blows having to go back once the parts come in.
Be American, Buy American

DonnyDuck

Post by DonnyDuck » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:06 pm

Just got my 08 back from dealer. Driver seat heat element replaced. One day to get part and one to replace. No problems with dealer. Great service.
2008 Taurus Limited FWD - Build:09/07 - Black/Black - H9 - K&N Air Filter - G2 Brake Caliper Paint - SCT X3 5-Star Tuned

ctrlraven

Post by ctrlraven » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 pm

Just had my driver's side heating element replaced. Covered under CPO 3,000 mile warranty so I had to pay $100 for the deductible along with some other work that was done.
1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX Sport
2004 Mercury Marauder
2006 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 4x4 Amarillo edition
2008 Ford Taurus Limited AWD
2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD

Nash
Vehicle: 2008 Ford Taurus Limited

Post by Nash » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:32 pm

Just replaced my DS heat pad. It shorted out and burned the foam slightly. Put new one in(Ford OEM not after market) and the switch lights up for a few minutes then turns off. Every push of the button results in the lights blinking and then off. I’m guessing it has something to do with the heat control module under the pass seat not reading the temp correctly. Has anyone else had this issue and resolve it by replacing the seat heater module?

Nash
Vehicle: 2008 Ford Taurus Limited

Post by Nash » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:57 pm

If anyone is looking for a removal and replace how to video here is a link to my YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqiP849U23A
Hope this helps DIY guys. I also have other Ford Taurus video's that may help you guys out. Since my issue isn't completely resolved and I have a gut feeling it's the heated seat module that's causing all the problems. I will do a video on how to test if the module is actually the problem, so watch for that.