If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

CD player not working, 2008 Taurus X

midsouth

CD player not working, 2008 Taurus X

Post by midsouth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:38 pm

On my 2008 Taurus X, I changed the battery and now the cd player won't play CDs nor will it load or eject. Is there a procedure or trick to get the cd player to work? Until the battery was changed, I didn't have any problems. I checked the fuse which was fine.

FordCustomerService

Re: CD player

Post by FordCustomerService » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:32 am

Hi midsouth,

Since it's not a fuse issue, you may want to have your dealer inspect your CD player. Please let me know if I can help.

~Natasha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

MR.T

Post by MR.T » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Check your owner's manual. I think there is some procedure to follow when you unhook or replace your battery. Something about relearning everything I believe but not sure.
2008 Ford Taurus SEL
2004 Ford F150 FX4 Ext Cab,5.4L V8, 105K
1998 Ford Ranger 4x4 Ext Cab, 4.0L V6, excellent condition, 100K**SOLD**

Pastor J

Post by Pastor J » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:19 pm

Had the same problem. Dealer had to reprogram the radio.
2008 Mercury Sable Premier FWD

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:03 pm

MR.T wrote:Check your owner's manual. I think there is some procedure to follow when you unhook or replace your battery. Something about relearning everything I believe but not sure.
If the battery has been disconnected or a new battery has been installed, the clock and radio settings must be reset once the battery is reconnected, but that would just lose the time and preset stations. :)

~Natasha
FORD SERVICE

midsouth

CD player

Post by midsouth » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:54 am

I switched the battery in my 2008 taurus x and the cd player doesn't work. Is there a way for me to re-program the radio without spending the two hours of labor at the service department of my local dealership?

Cartierbear

Post by Cartierbear » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:08 pm

what exactly is it doing does it power on? does it show any signs of life?

midsouth

Post by midsouth » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:11 am

The radio works fine. The cd player reads initializing, sounds like it's trying to load disks, then nothing. Should I try to disconnect the battery again?

Cartierbear

Post by Cartierbear » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:17 pm

It may just be a coincidence and your cd player is broken. may need to replace the entire unit. you can check for fault codes DTC let me know if you have any and i can look it up

Audio Unit Self-Diagnostic Mode — All Audio Units Without Navigation

NOTE: To enter the audio unit self-diagnostic mode, the audio unit must be turned on and in radio tuner mode.

To enter the following tests, press the desired preset button while in the speaker walk-around test or while in the audio unit self-diagnostic mode.
The self-diagnostic mode has the following functions available:
Preset button 1 = On-Demand Self-Test. This button runs the on-demand self-test.
Pressing the MENU DOWN button allows scrolling of any DTCs found during the test while in this menu.
Preset button 2 = Display Continuous DTCs. This button enables viewing of any continuous DTCs that have been logged.
Pressing the MENU UP button allows scrolling of any DTCs while in this menu.
While continuous DTCs are being displayed, pressing the EJECT button will clear all present DTCs. The key must be cycled OFF, then ON, to permanently clear DTCs. For steering wheel control switch DTCs, any steering wheel control switch must be pressed prior to pressing EJECT.
Preset button 3 = Signal Strength Test. This button displays the signal strength.
Preset button 4 = Software Version Display. This button displays the audio unit software version.
Pressing the MENU UP button allows scrolling of all audio subsystem software versions while in this menu.
Preset button 5 = Display Test. This test illuminates all the display segments for 5 seconds, then either turns all segments off or indicates DISPLAY TEST on the screen.
Preset button 6 = Configuration Status. This button enables audio unit configuration status.
Pressing the MENU button displays the ACM part number while in this menu.
To exit the self-diagnostic mode, turn the audio unit off or turn the key to OFF.

midsouth

Post by midsouth » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:47 am

Thank you...I'll try it once I get through at work and let you know.

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:26 pm

midsouth wrote:I switched the battery in my 2008 taurus x and the cd player doesn't work. Is there a way for me to re-program the radio without spending the two hours of labor at the service department of my local dealership?
Hey midsouth,

I responded to a few of your posts, but are you still having issues with your radio? If so, then I do recommend visiting the dealer so they can take care of it. Let me know if I can help. :)

~Natasha
FORD SERVICE

jimmy007
Vehicle: 2008 Taurus X

Re: CD player not working, 2008 Taurus X

Post by jimmy007 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:56 pm

I am having the same problem with my cd player after putting in a new battery. It was working fine before. Has anyone been able to figure out how to get it to work again?