If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Single Knocking sound when going over speed bumps

cjhutchy81

Single Knocking sound when going over speed bumps

Post by cjhutchy81 »

I figured id post it here since the suspension is probably the same 07 500 vs 08 Taurus. Car is the same lol.

Going over speed bumps i get a single knocking sound from the front end, u can feel it in the floor.

Took the car our on a bad road and i don't get the sound at all. just going over speed bumps. I'm thinking its the sway bar bushings? just had new bearings and stab links replaced. If it was a strut or ball joint would it not do it on all pot holes and bad roads? no sounds when turning either.

its just when both wheels hit the speed bump at the same time????? any help would be great!!

Basically when the suspension compresses to go over the speed bump you hear it, Nothings hanging down off the car either.

Pastor J

Re: Single Knocking sound when going over speed bumps

Post by Pastor J »

It's your strut. I have had mine replaced 3 times. This last one seems to have fixed it.
2008 Mercury Sable Premier FWD

cjhutchy81

Post by cjhutchy81 »

was just quoted 1350 for new front struts installed and an alignment lol, My mechanic just looked and he thinks its the control arm bushings, has a little bit of play in both.

ctrlraven

Post by ctrlraven »

Every time I hear the noise I just lube the upper rod of the front struts with some dielectric grease and noise goes away for another 6 months or so. I'll pass the strut replacement onto whoever buys my Taurus when I go to trade it in. lol
1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX Sport
2004 Mercury Marauder
2006 Ford F-350 Powerstroke 4x4 Amarillo edition
2008 Ford Taurus Limited AWD
2010 Ford Fusion Sport FWD

warment

Post by warment »

$1350? What a joke...if I were you, I would replace the sway bar end links first...then tie rod ends...then upper strut bearing/bushing...in that order.
2005 Ford Five Hundred SE
6-spd auto

njackson580

Post by njackson580 »

+1 ^^^ end links are the most common cause.