If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

03 Taurus SEL

purrsonality

03 Taurus SEL

Post by purrsonality »

I had an 03 SEL which we custom-ordered from the factory. I ordered all options for it except for the faux wood shift knob and wood insert steering wheel, so it had leather interior, front bucket seats w/center console, moonroof, rear spoiler, 6 disc CD changer, power front seats, side impact air bags, adjustable pedals, traction control and everything else that came standard on the SEL. I loved the car.......until the Five Hundred came out. We had planned on keeping the Taurus for a long time, but ended up selling it when it was 3 years old and getting a Five Hundred Limited. It was a great car while I had it.
purrsonality
06 Limited FWD Merlot/black with traction control, navigation system, adj. pedals, moonroof, safety pkg., rear spoiler, chrome door handle covers and chrome tail light trim.
Previous vehicles: 03 Taurus SEL, 95 Taurus GL,
87 Ranger XLT

Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Did you get a screaming deal on your 500? I was really impressed with the 500 when it came out, but I had a hard time swallowing the price given I paid $17,500 for my Taurus new in '01 (leftover).
2009 Ford Mustang
1967 Ford Fairlane 500 Sedan
2007 Pontiac Torrent

purrsonality

Post by purrsonality »

I don't know that we got a "screaming" deal on the Five Hundred; the window sticker showed a price of $30,955 and we paid the dealer $27,945. We ordered a Limited with the optional equipment of a moonroof, safety package with the side curtain airbags, traction control, adjustable pedals and the navigation system.

As I recall, the Taurus SEL cost in the neighborhood of $23,000, so the price difference between the 2 cars wasn't that big of a shock to us. We were quite disappointed with the price we ended up selling the Taurus for; the resale value was dismal even though the car was in excellent condition and had 24,xxx miles on it when we sold it after 3 years. In spite of advertising in on an internet sale site, as well as the local papers and having it on the dealer's lot with a large For Sale sign on it, we only had one person contact us about buying it. Rather than try to hold out for a better offer, we took his since the car had been for sale for close to 2 months and we didn't want to keep paying for insurance on a vehicle that we we no longer driving.
purrsonality
06 Limited FWD Merlot/black with traction control, navigation system, adj. pedals, moonroof, safety pkg., rear spoiler, chrome door handle covers and chrome tail light trim.
Previous vehicles: 03 Taurus SEL, 95 Taurus GL,
87 Ranger XLT

Barticus

Post by Barticus »

lol that sounds so much like im the buyer. i got a 03 taurus centennial edition which is basically the same as urs was but a few extra decals. i found the car and i was the only 1 lookin at it so they gave to me for cheaper than valued as. when i got it it had close to that mileage. for a sec i thought u were the one i got it from till i saw where ur from
'03 Taurus Centennial edition