If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2007 Taurus cuts off

jannmendoza

2007 Taurus cuts off

Post by jannmendoza »

I have a ford 2007 taurus. I was in traffic and the car shuts down three times. Luckily I was in slow traffic. The digital compass is out of wack. Does not know which direction the car is going. The first time the car shut off I was still driving. The second time it shut off the air conditioner did not work. The third time I was at a stop sign and it cut off. What is going? I have changed the fuel filter and gave it a tune up.

Thanks
Jessica

tmac1180

Re: 2007 Taurus cuts off

Post by tmac1180 »

Could be a number of different reasons why the vehicle is shutting off. My recent experience involved purchasing a new Throttle Body for about $813 at my local Ford Dealer. I would suggest taking it to any local auto parts store and having them come out and checking the codes to see what might be the problem. Is your wrench light on or check engine light on?

JMAN

Post by JMAN »

JMAN wrote:
JMAN wrote:
jannmendoza wrote:I have a ford 2007 taurus. I was in traffic and the car shuts down three times. Luckily I was in slow traffic. The digital compass is out of wack. Does not know which direction the car is going. The first time the car shut off I was still driving. The second time it shut off the air conditioner did not work. The third time I was at a stop sign and it cut off. What is going? I have changed the fuel filter and gave it a tune up.

Thanks
Jessica

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService »

jannmendoza wrote:I have a ford 2007 taurus. I was in traffic and the car shuts down three times. Luckily I was in slow traffic. The digital compass is out of wack. Does not know which direction the car is going. The first time the car shut off I was still driving. The second time it shut off the air conditioner did not work. The third time I was at a stop sign and it cut off. What is going? I have changed the fuel filter and gave it a tune up.

Thanks
Jessica
Hi Jessica,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I am sorry to hear you are having these issues with your Taurus. If you would like, PM me your VIN, local dealership and contact information and I would be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Deysha
Ford Customer Service Division
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

jannmendoza

Post by jannmendoza »

There was no light on when I posted this message. Now the check engine light is on and the reader is reading a misfire malfunction.

jannmendoza

Post by jannmendoza »

Oh and I have cleaned out the body throttle.