If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

A neat restaurant in Memphis....

A place to discuss things that aren't car related. Discuss weather, sports, hobbies, etc.
purrsonality

A neat restaurant in Memphis....

Post by purrsonality »

Is called the Big Foot Lodge, home of the 4 lb. Sasquatch burger. Yep, a 4 lb. burger-and not made with numerous smaller patties either; it's one single, monstrous pattie served on an equally huge bun. If you and only you manage to eat the entire thing, including fixings in under 60 minutes, it's on the house and you get your picture on the "wall of fame". They also have a dessert called The Yeti, which is made with 18 scoops of ice cream and lots and lots of toppings.

If anyone wants to see pictures of the monstrous burger, go to: www.bigfootlodge.net and click on the "wall of shame". Their menu is also available online to view.

I didn't try the Sasquatch; but a couple at a nearby table with 7 kids in tow ordered one, then cut it up to feed everyone. I don't know if all the kids were theirs; one in the group was celebrating a birthday. The Sasquatch is $19.99.

The portions served are generous, the prices reasonable and the food we had was tasty. I had a 12 oz. prime rib dinner with fresh garlic mashed potatoes and fresh green beans for $12.99. No frozen potatoes here; the fries (including sweet potato fries) are fresh. They also have a 34 oz. beer called (what else?) the Big Foot beer. Since I'm not a beer drinker, I didn't order one.

This place is located in downtown Memphis on S. Second St. near the Peabody Hotel. We go to Memphis once a year and will definitely plan on going there next year.
purrsonality
06 Limited FWD Merlot/black with traction control, navigation system, adj. pedals, moonroof, safety pkg., rear spoiler, chrome door handle covers and chrome tail light trim.
Previous vehicles: 03 Taurus SEL, 95 Taurus GL,
87 Ranger XLT

gened1

I think

Post by gened1 »

Yikes!!.
It should have been built near an emergency room!!!!
Redfire SEL AWD Shale leather, Moonroof,TC Billet grill etc.

JJ

Post by JJ »

The fries look burnt.
N.Y.S. Certified Auto Technician. I am retired from the automotive field. 2005 FORD Fivehundred SE 6 speed auto FWD Traction control. Build date: 11/16/2004. G-Tech tested 0-60MPH 8.34 1/4 mile 16.38 @85.9MPH.

purrsonality

Post by purrsonality »

My SO had fresh fries with his chicken tenders and they were not burnt. I don't know if it's just the way the fries show up in the photos or not......
purrsonality
06 Limited FWD Merlot/black with traction control, navigation system, adj. pedals, moonroof, safety pkg., rear spoiler, chrome door handle covers and chrome tail light trim.
Previous vehicles: 03 Taurus SEL, 95 Taurus GL,
87 Ranger XLT