If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Yet Another Recall On The Way

Orlaco

Yet Another Recall On The Way

Post by Orlaco » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:41 pm

FORD RECALL NUMBER: 15S02

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: AWAITING#

RECALL DATE: JAN 27, 2015

RECALL TITLE: INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE INSPECTION AND REPAIR

RECALL DESCRIPTION: THE INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE RETURN SPRING MAY BECOME UNSEATED, RESULTING IN AN INTERIOR HANDLE THAT IS FLOPPY OR DOES NOT RETURN TO THE FULLY STOWED POSITION AFTER ACTUATION. WHILE THE DOOR LATCH ACTUATION AND ENGAGEMENT DURING NORMAL VEHICLE USAGE AND OPERATION IS UNAFFECTED, THIS CONDITION MAY ALLOW A DOOR TO UNLATCH DURING A SIDE IMPACT CRASH.

RISK TO SAFETY: IF THE INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE RETURN SPRING IS UNSEATED, THE DOOR MAY UNLATCH DURING A SIDE IMPACT CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY.

REMEDY PROGRAM: NOTIFICATION TO DEALERS WILL OCCUR ON JANUARY 27, 2015. MAILING OF OWNER NOTIFICATION LETTERS WILL BEGIN MARCH 16, 2015, AND IS EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED BY MARCH 20, 2015.

BillR

Re: Yet Another Recall On The Way

Post by BillR » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Oh goody, looks like my 2012 is involved :roll:

Plug in your vin but I'm guessing it's all the Gen 6 models.
1989 Thunderbird Super Coupe
1993 Taurus SHO
1994 Taurus Wagon
2000 Taurus SE - 2002 Taurus SEL
2002 Taurus SEL - 2002 Sable
2012 Taurus SEL-White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

GhostRider
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Post by GhostRider » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:46 am

My 2013 is involved in this recall
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)

BullBill

Post by BullBill » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:33 pm

As I said in another post, I had this recall performed last week. I took my 2010 Taurus in for the "works" and they told me about it. Inspection of all interior door handles showed no problems.
2010 Silver Taurus Limited Rapid Spec 303B
Previous Fords: 1959 Galaxie, '62 Falcon Wagon, 64 T-Bird convertible, '93 Taurus, '95 & '98 Ranger pickups

Orlaco

Post by Orlaco » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:48 pm

BullBill wrote:As I said in another post, I had this recall performed last week. I took my 2010 Taurus in for the "works" and they told me about it. Inspection of all interior door handles showed no problems.
You had this recall done last week ? I JUST had my last two recalls taken care of last Friday and the dealer didn't mention a word about this problem.

My opening post, which is a message from MyFord, that I just copied and pasted yesterday clearly states, "REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE" (I just double checked to see if it was updated). It also states that the dealerships just got notified that the problem even exists...and the mailings to owners won't start until the middle of March.

The dealership could have checked (at their own expense...not Fords) that you don't have an issue yet. That's mighty kind....but the fix here (which they don't yet have) is to make sure there's not a problem in the future.

============

Please let me know if there's a 'fix' and the dealerships are currently doing it.

Let MyFord know too.........

-------------

I have my car serviced regularly....but the fact is that I send it to the dealerships service department far more times for warranty issues and recall notices.

In the 80's I once stated that I wouldn't ever purchase a Ford again (after the Mustang). ....tsk tsk.....I f'd up.

Domain

Post by Domain » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:44 pm

It's not all the Gen 6s, there are some build dates... my old 13 and my 14 now are not affected.

Any good dealer will run OASIS before servicing the car just to make sure no outstanding campaigns (recall or otherwise) are out there. Takes a whopping 15 seconds.

My post from another forum. I pulled this data straight from OASIS, which was not listed on my VIN but was briefly listed as a national bulletin.
Advance notice through OASIS today for the interior door handles:
REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL:
In some of the affected vehicles, a crack may develop within one or more of the interior door handles, allowing the handle return spring to become unseated. This may result in a loose handle condition, and the handle may not return to the fully closed position. During a side impact crash, an unseated interior door handle return spring may allow the door latch to open and increase the risk of injury.
Taurus Build Dates

December 1, 2009 through July 31, 2010 AND February 1, 2011 through November 30, 2012

(August 1st, 2010-January 31, 2011 NOT included)

MKS Build Dates

June 1, 2011 through October 31, 2011

Owners who experience the problem NOW should see their dealers, no need to wait for the recall. No timeline offered for official owner notification.
That said...
I have my car serviced regularly....but the fact is that I send it to the dealerships service department far more times for warranty issues and recall notices.

In the 80's I once stated that I wouldn't ever purchase a Ford again (after the Mustang). ....tsk tsk.....I f'd up.
Thank General Motors. After that screw-up, everyone is recall happy in an effort not to get sued.
Current: 2017 Ford Explorer -- Limited AWD 2.3L
Past: 2014 Ford Taurus - SEL AWD

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:43 pm

Orlaco wrote:FORD RECALL NUMBER: 15S02

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER: AWAITING#

RECALL DATE: JAN 27, 2015

RECALL TITLE: INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE INSPECTION AND REPAIR

RECALL DESCRIPTION: THE INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE RETURN SPRING MAY BECOME UNSEATED, RESULTING IN AN INTERIOR HANDLE THAT IS FLOPPY OR DOES NOT RETURN TO THE FULLY STOWED POSITION AFTER ACTUATION. WHILE THE DOOR LATCH ACTUATION AND ENGAGEMENT DURING NORMAL VEHICLE USAGE AND OPERATION IS UNAFFECTED, THIS CONDITION MAY ALLOW A DOOR TO UNLATCH DURING A SIDE IMPACT CRASH.

RISK TO SAFETY: IF THE INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE RETURN SPRING IS UNSEATED, THE DOOR MAY UNLATCH DURING A SIDE IMPACT CRASH, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY.

REMEDY PROGRAM: NOTIFICATION TO DEALERS WILL OCCUR ON JANUARY 27, 2015. MAILING OF OWNER NOTIFICATION LETTERS WILL BEGIN MARCH 16, 2015, AND IS EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED BY MARCH 20, 2015.

Thanks for the post, Orlaco! Also, you guys can check here for any recalls on your vehicle.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford