If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Transmission grind & suspension noise

DaUnderSheriff

Re: Transmission grind & suspension noise

Post by DaUnderSheriff » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:41 pm

And.... Not fixed. They replaced the valve body and it's still grinding / squealing. At least the realized that before they asked me to come pick up the car - this time. So I'm stuck paying for a rental for another God knows how long? Getting really really old - considering I'm also making my car payment at the same time!
FordCustomerService wrote:
DaUnderSheriff wrote:Okay, after much digging and prodding, the folks at the service hotline worked with the techs at the dealer and came up with the valve body as the offending part. This isn't a surprise, given others who've had this same issue (even within this forum in fact). Parts ordered.
Great! Thank you for the update, DaUnderSheriff!

Deysha
Current - 2013 Ford Taurus SEL AWD
Past - 1996 Ford Taurus SHO
Past Past - 1987 Ford Taurus MT-5

Domain

Post by Domain » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:58 pm

Hold up. Ford's not even fronting the rental? Is this a joke right now?

Where the heck is the CSM?
Current: 2017 Ford Explorer -- Limited AWD 2.3L
Past: 2014 Ford Taurus - SEL AWD

DaUnderSheriff

Post by DaUnderSheriff » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:21 pm

They're covering part of it. I'm holding the bag for $17 a day in a comparably sized vehicle. The CSM has been completely unhelpful since day 1. He lost his mind in our first conversation when I was trying to explain the service history and what I felt the issues were (which now after nearly 10 repair attempts, they're getting to that area of the powertrain). Every time he's called he's given me misinformation about what the techs are / aren't doing / or what they have / haven't found. I have to call the service advisor to get the actual low down. That's why I've asked that this be escalated above the CSM's head. He's not cutting the crackers.
Domain wrote:Hold up. Ford's not even fronting the rental? Is this a joke right now?

Where the heck is the CSM?

Domain

Post by Domain » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:55 pm

Ah, okay, I was going to say... they've got to at least spring for four wheels and as many cylinders.

Doesn't make it any better, I know. Wish you had access to the field service engineer for my region. The man is excellent.

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:20 am

DaUnderSheriff wrote:And.... Not fixed. They replaced the valve body and it's still grinding / squealing. At least the realized that before they asked me to come pick up the car - this time. So I'm stuck paying for a rental for another God knows how long? Getting really really old - considering I'm also making my car payment at the same time!
DaUnderSheriff wrote:Okay, after much digging and prodding, the folks at the service hotline worked with the techs at the dealer and came up with the valve body as the offending part. This isn't a surprise, given others who've had this same issue (even within this forum in fact). Parts ordered.
DaUnderSheriff wrote:They're covering part of it. I'm holding the bag for $17 a day in a comparably sized vehicle. The CSM has been completely unhelpful since day 1. He lost his mind in our first conversation when I was trying to explain the service history and what I felt the issues were (which now after nearly 10 repair attempts, they're getting to that area of the powertrain). Every time he's called he's given me misinformation about what the techs are / aren't doing / or what they have / haven't found. I have to call the service advisor to get the actual low down. That's why I've asked that this be escalated above the CSM's head. He's not cutting the crackers.
Thank you for the info, DaUnderSheriff! Is there a better time/number they can contact you at? I see all of the communication between you guys has been via voicemails.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

DaUnderSheriff

Post by DaUnderSheriff » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:59 am

Nope - that's the best number. I run my own business, so I'm on the phone a lot during any given day. Unfortunately, the only person trying to call me is the person who has consistently provided me with horrible customer service and misinformation, and who I have specifically requested NOT call me as a result.
FordCustomerService wrote:Thank you for the info, DaUnderSheriff! Is there a better time/number they can contact you at? I see all of the communication between you guys has been via voicemails.

Deysha

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:51 pm

DaUnderSheriff wrote:Nope - that's the best number. I run my own business, so I'm on the phone a lot during any given day. Unfortunately, the only person trying to call me is the person who has consistently provided me with horrible customer service and misinformation, and who I have specifically requested NOT call me as a result.
I've sent them an email and will have his supervisor contact you, DaUnderSheriff.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

DaUnderSheriff

Post by DaUnderSheriff » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:56 pm

Thank you. The service adviser has been fantastic (Mike E.) and he's been giving me factual and daily updates. He advised me a short time ago that the area Field Service Engineer is being called out to look at the vehicle and determine what's next. I look forward to hearing from the party you mentioned.
FordCustomerService wrote:
DaUnderSheriff wrote:Nope - that's the best number. I run my own business, so I'm on the phone a lot during any given day. Unfortunately, the only person trying to call me is the person who has consistently provided me with horrible customer service and misinformation, and who I have specifically requested NOT call me as a result.
I've sent them an email and will have his supervisor contact you, DaUnderSheriff.

Deysha

Domain

Post by Domain » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:52 pm

DaUnderSheriff wrote:He advised me a short time ago that the area Field Service Engineer is being called out to look at the vehicle and determine what's next.
*wild claps*

The FSEs are good. Real good.

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:49 am

DaUnderSheriff wrote:Thank you. The service adviser has been fantastic (Mike E.) and he's been giving me factual and daily updates. He advised me a short time ago that the area Field Service Engineer is being called out to look at the vehicle and determine what's next. I look forward to hearing from the party you mentioned.
Great! Thanks for the info, DaUnderSheriff!

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

DaUnderSheriff

Post by DaUnderSheriff » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Domain wrote:
DaUnderSheriff wrote:He advised me a short time ago that the area Field Service Engineer is being called out to look at the vehicle and determine what's next.
*wild claps*

The FSEs are good. Real good.
Yes. Yes they are. This went to the "hotline" through escalation and the FSE came out last Thursday. It turns out that the exhaust was installed improperly at the factory and was flexed into a non-spec position that was causing vibration and contact points that were non-conforming - or what Ford calls 'characteristics'. I've got my own characteristic now that will go in to the tech hotline for others who apparently have the same issue - including one of the techs on his FWD '13 Taurus. I've had it back a few days now and it's quiet as a mouse. Like driving a different car. Shift points are solid, no front end noise. NADA. Glad I stuck through it.

Domain

Post by Domain » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:27 pm

CONGRATS!!

Seriously. I'd buy you a drink right now if I could.

Enjoy the ride. Hopefully they threw you something for your troubles.

DaUnderSheriff

Post by DaUnderSheriff » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I asked them for a spiff of some kind... We'll see what happens when they get back with some time this week. Either way, I'm relieved that my ride is now what I know the Ford Taurus to be - a safe, reliable, solid car.

DaUnderSheriff

Post by DaUnderSheriff » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:48 pm

Well - I spoke too soon. After this last "repair", they ended up having to replace an axle assembly, part of the PTU that was smoked due to a ruptured seal and tighten up suspension components that they'd already installed - incorrectly.

So it went back in, got "fixed" and within two days, the front end was rattling around again and now the same valve body / transmission grind is back as well.

I never heard back from anyone's supervisor, until I filed a lemon law claim, was denied for a buy back, and then pitched a fit on Twitter and Facebook. His boss called me back, left me a voicemail saying he wasn't going to help me, and now I'm stuck holding the back on a car I put $10,000 cash down on and have put about $8000 worth of payments in to. So, I'm going to take it to the State Attorney General and process it under Washington State's lemon law. Ford keeps trying to push me towards some Better Business Bureau arbitration, but that's not pertinent in WA State, as the Attorney General's office facilitates the administration of this State's statutes for lemons.

Long and the short of it, my faith in Ford is GONE and the ROI on this car has been nothing short of null. It's spent most of this year in the shop. I'm paying for it, and put nearly 1/3 of the cost of the car down. I know I may be the exception to the rule, but Ford is absolutely not taking care of it's previously very loyal customer - and I wanted to let everyone here know that you shouldn't expect to be taken care of if you have serious issues with your new Ford.

Domain

Post by Domain » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:35 pm

Best of luck on the lemon law claim. It's a shame they just didn't stick you in a new Taurus just to be over and done with it... clearly, you've done your time on this car.

DaUnderSheriff

Post by DaUnderSheriff » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Yeah. It's over a dozen repairs attempts, and still no resolution. I wish they would have done something other than just tell me to pound sand. That's not customer service. I've been treated better at used car dealerships! And no, I'm not one of those whiny, insistent people who curse or berate people either. The folks that are trying to fix the car and administering the service aren't the one's that built it, so why be rude? So it doesn't matter if you're nice to them, or that you're driving around in a car that they have left me voice mails stating it's unsafe to drive - you just get the shaft - minus the lube...