If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2010 Ford Taurus SHO Spy Shots

Len_A

2010 Ford Taurus SHO Spy Shots

Post by Len_A » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:33 pm

2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD, Merlot with a Pebble interior. Safety Package, Reverse Sensing System, and Moonroof. X-Pel Paint/Headlight Protection. Lots of Zaino on the paint!

That which does not kill you, only makes you...stranger.

PMCErnie

Re: 2010 Ford Taurus SHO Spy Shots

Post by PMCErnie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:51 pm

I detest that butt!

The side view? Chrysler 300.

I'd be very surprised to find command seating in this car. Any news on that?
2009 Taurus SEL (smokestone/tan)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan (cabernet red pearl/tan)

Len_A

Post by Len_A » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:55 pm

PMCErnie wrote:I detest that butt!

Had a chance to sit in one at the Detroit Auto Show, sitting is the same as in the Lincoln MKS, which is about the same as our current cars. The height of the 2010 is 60.7 inches. The height of the current car is 61.5 inches. You keep harping about "command seating". It wasn't a successful selling feature. As far as the side view, it's what the majority of people seem to find attractive. Same with the front end. Back end shows signs of having been influenced by the Ford Interceptor Concept from a few years back. Trunk space is only down slightly form the current car - 20.7 cubic feet, and the split-fold rear seats remain.
2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD, Merlot with a Pebble interior. Safety Package, Reverse Sensing System, and Moonroof. X-Pel Paint/Headlight Protection. Lots of Zaino on the paint!

phillip

Post by phillip » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Have to agree. Don't care too much for the back end (it's just sort of blah), and the side view imitates that of a Chrysler 300. Not that the 300 is an unattractive car, but this is supposed to be a Ford. The photos I've seen of the interior are very nice -- and very much like the new Cadillac CTS.
2006 Five Hundred Limited, black w/ pebble, moonroof, rear parking sensors, traction control, power memory pedals

Len_A

Post by Len_A » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:56 pm

phillip wrote:Have to agree. Don't care too much for the back end (it's just sort of blah), and the side view imitates that of a Chrysler 300. Not that the 300 is an unattractive car, but this is supposed to be a Ford. The photos I've seen of the interior are very nice -- and very much like the new Cadillac CTS.
It's a really sweet looking car in person. Whenever the closest auto show comes around to your location, I recommend that you go look for yourself.

PMCErnie

Post by PMCErnie » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Len_A wrote:

Had a chance to sit in one at the Detroit Auto Show, sitting is the same as in the Lincoln MKS, which is about the same as our current cars. The height of the 2010 is 60.7 inches. The height of the current car is 61.5 inches. You keep harping about "command seating". It wasn't a successful selling feature. As far as the side view, it's what the majority of people seem to find attractive. Same with the front end. Back end shows signs of having been influenced by the Ford Interceptor Concept from a few years back. Trunk space is only down slightly form the current car - 20.7 cubic feet, and the split-fold rear seats remain.
Which is it, command seating height, or not?
2009 Taurus SEL (smokestone/tan)
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 sedan (cabernet red pearl/tan)

Len_A

Post by Len_A » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:42 pm

PMCErnie wrote:
Len_A wrote:

Which is it, command seating height, or not?
I sat in one model, for all of two minutes, in an exhibition hall. It's the same, to me, as the Lincoln MKS, and for my comfort, I can't tell the difference in height from my 2005 Montego.

Is Ford going to call it "command seating"? No. They don't use that phrase as a selling point in the MKS either - it's appeal has been seen as too limited to be of any use. But the "H" point seems as high as the current body style and is definitely closer to that of a front wheel drive Escape we sat in than it is a Fusion, which is far lower than the 2010 Taurus.

Domain

Post by Domain » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:40 pm

Len_A wrote:But the "H" point seems as high as the current body style and is definitely closer to that of a front wheel drive Escape we sat in than it is a Fusion, which is far lower than the 2010 Taurus.
Fusion, haha. You got that right. I had to reconfigure myself for sitting in a lower vehicle. It felt weird for three weeks getting into that thing!
Current: 2017 Ford Explorer -- Limited AWD 2.3L
Past: 2014 Ford Taurus - SEL AWD