If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2010 Ford Sho Transmission Problems

newfordowner

2010 Ford Sho Transmission Problems

Post by newfordowner »

Purchased brand new Ford Taurus Sho. Transmission slips. Happens at all speeds at least twice per one tank of gas. Almost feels like at 60 mph, like I have taken my foot off the gas when I haven't. I have had it in the shop four times. I'm thinking of trading it in and taking a loss. I love the car except for this problem. I hate to get rid of it when it can be fixed; however, I've owned it eight months and it hasn't been corrected yet. I'm afraid this car is going to end up getting me killed.

FordCustomerService

Re: 2010 Ford Sho Transmission Problems

Post by FordCustomerService »

Hi newfordowner,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I was reading about this intermittent transmission slip your Taurus SHO is having. I know it can be frustrating having brought it in 4 times and no resolution yet. I would like to look into this further for you. If you would like me to, you are more than welcome to private message me. Please send me your VIN, dealer information and your contact information. I can check for recalls, customer satisfaction programs and properly document this concern in our systems. I would like to help.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

webberj2468

Post by webberj2468 »

I have had my 2010 Sho Taurus for about two months now and it is doing the same thing. I had it serviced and was told that there was a recall on the spark plugs. The plugs were replaced but the same thing is still happening. Have you found out any more information regarding this issue? Thanks.

newfordowner

Post by newfordowner »

I have had my car in the shop many times. However, I think I may be onto something. It appears that the car does it only on 1/4 tank and 3/4 tank of gas. Whenever the fuel level gets to these to marks, this is when it happens. The 1/4 tank of gas is when I have 103 miles left to go. I am starting to wonder if it doesn't have anything to do with the engineering and design of the gas tank/no gas cap. Today I have to take a long trip and if I get to my 1/4 mark and it does it, when I come home, I'm going to add a little more gas and run down to the dealer so that it will duplicate for them. Try this and see if it does the same for you.

Thanks!

ps: instead of transmission, possibly could be something minor. I'm hoping for this. If I can get my car to duplicate the problem, Ford will send an engineer down to go over it.

webberj2468

Post by webberj2468 »

It happened again today and my tank was just under 3/4 tank. Not sure if there is any correlation.

Can you tell me who you are working with from Ford? Maybe there is something common about our cars that can help them solve the problem.

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService »

webberj2468 wrote:It happened again today and my tank was just under 3/4 tank. Not sure if there is any correlation.

Can you tell me who you are working with from Ford? Maybe there is something common about our cars that can help them solve the problem.
Hi webberj2468,

I recommend you contact your local dealership and make an appointment to get this vehicle diagnosed. Also, I would like to see how I can be of assistance. Please private message me your VIN, mileage, dealer information and your contact information.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

newfordowner

Post by newfordowner »

Call 1-866-631-3788. I forgot to tell you -- I have noticed that if I fill my tank up to where the gas pump "clicks" off, it did not do it. I am one of those that only put $10 and $20 in at one time. But the day that I filled my tank off all of the up and left the nozzle in my tank until it clocked, it did not do it. The reason I did this was I was going to start monitoring when this happened exactly and start keeping a log. There's an info that tells you how many miles you can go until you run out of gas. I was going to try to start finding out "exactly" when it did this, so that I could take it down to Ford and get it to duplicate it. Well, on the day that it clicked off at the pump, it did not do it until it got to the bottom of the tank. I think it may have something to do with that rubber thing on the gas input -- not having a gas cap.

It feels like a transmission issue -- but it also feels like you are running out of gas with the jerking. Mine only does it for a couple of seconds and then stops.

Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this. Keep me posted on your progress with this. Thanks.

ljeffers

Post by ljeffers »

I have also had the same problem but my tank was full, and once it happened on the freeway as I was changing lanes and hit the gas to speed up. At first I thought it might be the traction sensor, but it did it twice in a row when it was shifting, and from the feel it was the tranny. It almost feels like the mounts are loose on the transmission.

Love that Tuxedo Black Taurus

newfordowner

Post by newfordowner »

Update: I have filled my tank up twice recently, letting it fill up until it "clicks" off at the gas pump by itself. Cross my fingers, it has not "acted up" since doing this. I would like everyone's feedback to see if they have the same resolve.

webberj2468

Post by webberj2468 »

I have been working with the tech at McCree Ford in Houston, TX and he thinks he found the problem. I am not sure what steps he took to arrive at this conclusion, but the last I heard was that he wanted to run a calibration sequence on the vehicle. Sometime after that he detected a fault code that had something to do with a sensor in the traction control system. The way I understand it is; the sensor is falsely telling the vehicle that it is in an over-steer condition causing the control system to alter the distribution of power to the wheels. They ordered the wrong part, so the vehicle is in the shop still. Therefore, I am not positive that this solved the problem. It might be worthwhile for you to have the tech at your dealer call McCree Ford and see if your vehicle is getting the same fault code.

gstaley319

Post by gstaley319 »

I have same exact issue with my SHO.. Tranny is slipping. Seems like this is more than a random problem... called my dealer and he said "Gee never heard of this before"... scares the heck out of me to bring it in...
Love this car... hope Ford can get to the bottom of this

tjf1967

Post by tjf1967 »

Bough my SHO in Feb. From day 1 when I step on the gas hard it felt like gthe transmission was going to drop out the car (skipping). I was told it was the computer getting used to my driving habits: yesterday I stepped on the gas felt the transmission slip only it never went back to normal. Can't shift into man ual my wrench and my check engine light are on and when I start from 0 it feels like the clutch is slipping or something isn't emngaging properly. Called in a vehicle diagnostic

AngelaMcBrayer

Post by AngelaMcBrayer »

Welcome to the SHO party folks!
I own a classical '93 SHO with the Yamaha engine which everyone still brags about.
A few things that the grand auto dealer doesn't remember when going into the shop are these: The problem with the trany often is due to temp issues and the MAF relates the information to a few HEAT SENSORS which controls FUEL, AIR and Transmission shifts. Oh but of course the dealer doesn't remember this even when the classical '93 had it's day in the lime light of transmission issues, calling a foward clutch piston on the automatic...which wasn't under recall warrenty...out of the leaser pocket instead. I do love my car and I am bound and determined to make it into a classic, working on that 25 year mark. Giving credit to the original makers of Ford in bringing life back to the Model T and A.
Hang in there new SHO owners and look into the past a bit to know how to fix the pressent and get more than just our dealership opinion. Never believe them when they say that they never have heard of that.........
Built to OUTRUN the Mustang

blacksho

Post by blacksho »

geez. I just bought a new taurus SHO 2 weeks ago and the tranny is skipping/undershifting. its an on and off deal. Since I bought it, its done it at least 5-6 times very mildly,except for last night-it downwshifted so harsh that my car skidded on the wet road. No accidents thank god. I called main # customer service FORD, they told me to take it to my nearest ford dealer. What scares me the most is them saying they havent heard anything like this before. (BTW my nxt street neighbor owns a SHO and he is having the same issue he took it to the dealer they say it was normal break in period) thats BS! I dont want to wait for any break in period,then having an accident and then What? Its been there for 2 days,they still dont know whats wrong with the car, we'll see. Very dissapointed, nonetheless I love the car but I am not putting my wife and kids at risk. My wife refuses to drive it. I just hope its an easy fix as I love the car more than my old 2009 CTS.

Natanis

Post by Natanis »

I bought my SHO in March and it has had a transmission slipping issue since day 1 but it's very intermittent. It usually happens when it's cold and I am at a stop then I pull out into traffic. It sounds like others are having it much worse which doesn't make me very comfortable. I don't drive too much and only have about 5000 miles on the car so I'm afraid it will get worse.

I love this car and am loyal to Ford, but stumbling onto this forum has me a bit worried now - surely this must be a known issue by now. Has anyone on this post actually found a fix?

SELTAURUS

Post by SELTAURUS »

I have an SEL but saw this thread. I too have the slipping problem but it has only occured when I'm at a stop. When I acclerate, it slips then it feels like the transmission is about to drop. I've tried to pinpoint a common occurance but it does it when the engine is cold, hot, fast acceleration, slow acceleration etc. Though this morning it happened and I'm low on gas.....

Took it to the Ford dealer for regular maintenance and asked them to check into it. I expected them to already have an answer for me but it appeared it was news to them. Of course their "transmission guy" is out until Jan so they couldn't come to a conclusion what was wrong. Hopefully when I bring it back in, the "guy" will already know about this issue and will have a solution.

CPOChuckG

Post by CPOChuckG »

My 2010 SHO is in the shop for the exact same transmission problem described here for the 3rd time. Ford's reputation has taken a hit to any opinion I may have had.

I actually took them highlighted copies of some of these forum conversations the last time I took it in to no avail.

Looking into lemon laws in my state at the moment.
2010 Taurus SHO
White Platinum Metallic

oilguy

Post by oilguy »

From Vancouver Canada. Bought my SHO in sept 2010. Currently Have 8000 kilometers (aprox 5000 mile) on my car. Gitty as hell the day I picked this up. The first day driving to work, 3rd day owning the car, Transmission slipped! was accelerating easy reaching about 30 kms per hour( 25 miles per hour) when the car slipped out of gear. It Then reved and clunked back into gear. I was so alarmed and upset! Since this time it happens 1 to 4 times a week in various speeds and conditions. No corrolation to the amount of gas as I read from other posters. Talked to the service department were I bought. They say they have no idea and have not herd of this problem. Mind you this car is not as prevelent here on the west coast of canada as I am sure it is in various parts of U.S due to the inflated prices we pay for vehicles in Canada. MSRP on this car was $53,400 CAD. I could puke! I am concerned this problem will only get worse. Has any one found a resolution to this problem. Am considering taking legal action to have car bought back. Sincerely disapointed!

m98cox

Post by m98cox »

Make sure you have them perform the TSB 10-21-02, which sounds like your issue.
Here's a link to the pdf: http://way2evil.com/tsb/tsb10-21-02.pdf
2010 SHO 402B, Cinnamon, black/black, ACC, 20"

Jeff Hooper

Post by Jeff Hooper »

Not to pile one, but I'm experienceing the same issues as the rest of you. 2010 Taurus SHO, with 5,600 miles on it. The first time the transmission slipped it felt like I ran over a cinder block. After reading the comments that have been posted, I'm fairly confident that the problem is the transmission. The "problem" happened to me again this morning on the way to work and I was able to notice that at the same time the car jolted, the RPMs shot up real quick, then came back down intantly when the car recovered. Though I'm an automotive novice, my conclusion is the RPMs shot up because the transmission became disengaged. I have a service appointment on Friday to have it looked at and I printed out the TSB that m98cox posted, to take with me. Felt I had to print it out since the service manager that set my appointment said he'd never heard of this problem. I'll post the result of the service.....I'm keeping my fingers crossed.