If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

SHO with Performance Package - Question on Tires

Hindzy

Re: SHO with Performance Package - Question on Tires

Post by Hindzy » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:57 pm

Question -- can anyone advise as to how well the 2013 SHO painted rims hold up vs. the winter grime, sand & salt?
... 2013 SHO Emerald Green w/Performance Pkg

HWYStar

Post by HWYStar » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:01 pm

I just tried out the Conti Extreme Contact DWS tires in the snow. They performed very well. So I'd recommend them to anyone with the performance package that wants all season tires.
2012 Taurus SHO Tuxedo Black w/Performance Package

Orlaco

Post by Orlaco » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 pm

Hindzy wrote:Question -- can anyone advise as to how well the 2013 SHO painted rims hold up vs. the winter grime, sand & salt?
I have a 2013 Sho with the painted rims that I purchased in June of '12 so it's been thru a mild eastern PA winter. I didn't have any issues. Remember, the painted rims also have a clear coat...like the body paint.

The rims most likely take less of a hit from 'winter grime, sand, and salt' than some parts of the body since it's the tires that throw most of that stuff from the road toward the car (thus...away from the rims).

A bigger concern is the brake dust that settles on parts of the painted rims that are VERY HARD to clean. IMO, a complete deep detailed cleaning of the ENTIRE rim should be done twice a year. It's also been suggested to me that I should consider waxing the rims too....which I may start including in my twice a year cleaning.

Fastford89
Vehicle: 2013 sho pp

Post by Fastford89 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:22 am

I ran my 20's all winter no problem