If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

FUEL DELIVERY MODULE REPLACEMENT

FordCustomerService

Re: FUEL DELIVERY MODULE REPLACEMENT

Post by FordCustomerService » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:51 am

Orlaco wrote:Deysha,

I did send that PM you've been requesting.
Great! I'll get back to you as soon as possible, Orlaco.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

Orlaco

Post by Orlaco » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:27 pm

FordCustomerService wrote:
Orlaco wrote:Deysha,

I did send that PM you've been requesting.
Great! I'll get back to you as soon as possible, Orlaco.

Deysha
Today I got a call from a regional customer care rep, as promised. It was a welcome call.

She informed me that I am on the recall list and that the dealer does have me 'positioned' to get my new part installed when allotted. Obviously that timeframe isn't the 'third quarter' as promised by my dealership in June.

I let her know that a follow-up call (after 4 months) by the dealership providing similar info that she shared would have made for exceptional customer service. She agreed, but explained reasonably why that may have been difficult.

I was VERY satisfied with her phone call....even though I can't help to think in the 'information age' (plus automated communication) that Ford couldn't constantly keep customers more in the loop.

---------------

Anyway, thx. It certainly added a positive in regard to my thoughts about Ford customer care.

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:33 am

Orlaco wrote:Today I got a call from a regional customer care rep, as promised. It was a welcome call.

She informed me that I am on the recall list and that the dealer does have me 'positioned' to get my new part installed when allotted. Obviously that timeframe isn't the 'third quarter' as promised by my dealership in June.

I let her know that a follow-up call (after 4 months) by the dealership providing similar info that she shared would have made for exceptional customer service. She agreed, but explained reasonably why that may have been difficult.

I was VERY satisfied with her phone call....even though I can't help to think in the 'information age' (plus automated communication) that Ford couldn't constantly keep customers more in the loop.

---------------

Anyway, thx. It certainly added a positive in regard to my thoughts about Ford customer care.
That’s a fair statement, Orlaco. ;) Thank you for the update and I hope the part becomes available soon.

If you need me, don’t hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

Orlaco

Post by Orlaco » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm bumping this thread because another month has come and gone and my vehicle hasn't been fixed (really, not even examined).

Is Ford using parts in 'new' production at the expense of the safety of current owners ??

We're talking about potential fuel leaks (aka a known issue/problem)....right ?

------------------

Earlier in this thread (August 11th) I wrote, "Originally when I discussed (the recall) with him he whined about having so many fleet cars sitting on the lot that he couldn't get out.... ...and now I'm starting to wonder if he's getting them out at my expense."

It should be noted that all those fleet cars are long gone.

So cars that are being driven by customers have not been repaired but cars that would just sit without a driver have been repaired and delivered ? Money over safety ?

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 am

Orlaco wrote:I'm bumping this thread because another month has come and gone and my vehicle hasn't been fixed (really, not even examined).

Is Ford using parts in 'new' production at the expense of the safety of current owners ??

We're talking about potential fuel leaks (aka a known issue/problem)....right ?
Hey Orlaco,

These parts have been available. Will you please contact your dealer or any other Ford Dealer and make an appointment to have this recall done? Let me know the outcome.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

Orlaco

Post by Orlaco » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:09 pm

I sure will Deysha,

Still, I couldn't go without mentioning on a public forum that I (and you too) went thru the trouble of having a rep contact me to make sure I'm still good to go... ...and I gave positive feedback... ...only to now find out that I wasn't actually good to go.

Kind of sux the way Ford is treating customers that have a recall that's a safety issue.

-------------

Actually Deysha, I'll ask that you have the 'regional' person contact me again (preferably the same one...but I didn't save her info because I completely believed I'd get a call when my part was in).

jmr061

Post by jmr061 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:23 am

You need to go to a different dealer (though really you shouldn't). I'd file a complaint with NHTSA. I had a seal issue with my 13 SHO and took it in for that and since they had it, asked to have the fuel system recall done too. No problem. A good dealer makes EVERY bit of difference if you ask me.

Jason
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Orlaco wrote:I sure will Deysha,
Still, I couldn't go without mentioning on a public forum that I (and you too) went thru the trouble of having a rep contact me to make sure I'm still good to go... ...and I gave positive feedback... ...only to now find out that I wasn't actually good to go.
Actually Deysha, I'll ask that you have the 'regional' person contact me again (preferably the same one...but I didn't save her info because I completely believed I'd get a call when my part was in).
I’ll have someone call you on Monday, Orlaco. You should still make an appointment with them as soon as possible.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE