If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Transmission Performance

DuaneMDAvis

Transmission Performance

Post by DuaneMDAvis » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi, New to this Forum -

I traded my Infiniti G37S Coupe in for a 2010 Taurus SHO a couple of months ago. Overall, I love the SHO but wonder if there are any ways outside of a programmer to improve the shift characteristics? It just doesn't shift as cleanly or crisply as I would hope. Maybe the Infiniti spoiled me in that regard! :D Any thoughts would be appreciated!

The Bone

Re: Transmission Performance

Post by The Bone » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:01 pm

I feel the same way. It's loke the transmission shifts lazy. I took mine to the dealer and they said its normal. I guess its because it's supposed to be a cruiser car. I think they set it up that way cause its not a race car. I do wish It would hit the gear a little harder to. I told the dealer that this slow gear engagement will where out the clutches I felt that there was to much slippage between gears.

jmr061

Post by jmr061 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:17 pm

It's my experience that the adaptive learning tends to soften or lazy things up. I at one time actually turned off the adaptive learning.
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015

esfoad

Post by esfoad » Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:22 am

I'm sure others will chime in but I understand that purchasing a "tune" from either Livernois or Torrie will increase horsepower and also adjust the shifting characteristics of the tranny. I'm sure a search will help you.
Currently:
2010 Ford Taurus SHO Cinnamon on Umber/Black Fully Loaded Bone Stock
2009 Chevrolet Corvette Vert Crystal Red Metallic on Tan

jmr061

Post by jmr061 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:03 am

Yes a tune will help but still the adaptive programming alters it over time. Not to the extent of the factory tune but none the less the car is most firm with shifts right after the programming of the tune.
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015

DuaneMDAvis

Post by DuaneMDAvis » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Thanks for the input guys! What about royal purple transmission fluid? Any effect?

Also, how would I turn off the adaptive feature if I were to get a tune from Livernois?