If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Ford Ecoboost Warning Part 2 My Findings

makuloco2000

Ford Ecoboost Warning Part 2 My Findings

Post by makuloco2000 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:43 pm

As promised here is the follow up with my findings and the fix for the 2.0l Ecoboost I mentioned in the previous video. What it came down to was excessive coking on the backside of the intake valves and by doing a simple 5 minute cleaning the problem was eliminated. Now whether there is also a valve stem seal leak on #2 is yet to be determined.

In conclusion there is a definite issue with carbon and oil coking on the intake valves that needs to be addressed sooner than later by Ford with some kind of a cleaning method. As mentioned in the video if there is anything substantial that comes down the pipe from Ford on how to resolve this issue in the long term I will be sure to let all you Ecoboost owner know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK2eXdaydqI
Check out all my Ford Tech Repair Videos @
http://www.youtube.com/user/FordTechMakuloco
Please Subscribe. Always something new and interesting!

The Bone

Re: Ford Ecoboost Warning Part 2 My Findings

Post by The Bone » Fri May 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks for the information keep up the good work. It's guys like you that make this site so good

makuloco2000

Post by makuloco2000 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:02 pm

The Bone wrote:Thanks for the information keep up the good work. It's guys like you that make this site so good
Thanks! I try to provide good info when it possible.

Ronomy

Post by Ronomy » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:47 am

Have you noticed less smoke when using the synthetic blend oil over full synthetic? Its quite noticeable with my SHO. Full synthetic the car smokes while in traffic. Not a lot but it does seem like more so than when using the blend. My pipe seems to look dryer too. Less carbon since I changed back to the blend last year. I don't have to clean the pipes in the back.

I tend to change my oil at 5k miles or less so the full synthetic is sort of a waste of money IMHO. My truck has been on a blend for 15 years and has 190k miles on it and still runs like new. Nice and smooth. 1998 Ranger with the 4 liter V6. I have had it since October 1997.

Ron

makuloco2000

Post by makuloco2000 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:38 am

Ronomy wrote:Have you noticed less smoke when using the synthetic blend oil over full synthetic? Its quite noticeable with my SHO. Full synthetic the car smokes while in traffic. Not a lot but it does seem like more so than when using the blend. My pipe seems to look dryer too. Less carbon since I changed back to the blend last year. I don't have to clean the pipes in the back.

I tend to change my oil at 5k miles or less so the full synthetic is sort of a waste of money IMHO. My truck has been on a blend for 15 years and has 190k miles on it and still runs like new. Nice and smooth. 1998 Ranger with the 4 liter V6. I have had it since October 1997.

Ron
I have always used the blend so I can not say for sure but I agree the synthetic is a waste of money and I just change mine every 2500-3k miles since we get free oil here so it's just a $3.50 oil filter each time.

jmr061

Post by jmr061 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:55 pm

makuloco2000 wrote:
Ronomy wrote:Have you noticed less smoke when using the synthetic blend oil over full synthetic? Its quite noticeable with my SHO. Full synthetic the car smokes while in traffic. Not a lot but it does seem like more so than when using the blend. My pipe seems to look dryer too. Less carbon since I changed back to the blend last year. I don't have to clean the pipes in the back.

Ron
I have always used the blend so I can not say for sure but I agree the synthetic is a waste of money and I just change mine every 2500-3k miles since we get free oil here so it's just a $3.50 oil filter each time.
If I had the same job you had I would do the same....but I don't lol.
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015