If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

SHO massage seat issue

johnnotless

SHO massage seat issue

Post by johnnotless » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:23 pm

Have a 2010 SHO and have issue where one of the bladders in the bottom seat cushion won't deflate after massage feature was used. Leaves an uneven and uncomfortable seat. Anyone else have this problem and a fix short of visiting a dealer?

FordCustomerService

Re: SHO massage seat issue

Post by FordCustomerService » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:18 pm

johnnotless wrote:Have a 2010 SHO and have issue where one of the bladders in the bottom seat cushion won't deflate after massage feature was used. Leaves an uneven and uncomfortable seat. Anyone else have this problem and a fix short of visiting a dealer?
Hello johnnotless,

I recommend bringing it in to your dealer and speaking to your service manager about this concern. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

Also, remember repairs done at a Ford Dealer come with a 24 months/unlimited miles warranty. You can schedule an appointment online here. Keep me posted.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford

johnnotless

Post by johnnotless » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:48 pm

Deysha,
I know the dealer can fix it...that's not the answer I was looking for. This same problem occurred last year on the other seat and the dealer repaired that one. However, this is a known and documented problem with these seats and Ford was of little help to the dealer in the last repair and of course it's out of the original warranty period. Nor does Ford acknowledge this is a chronic problem and issue a TSB or recall....extremely frustrating.

FordCustomerService

Post by FordCustomerService » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:34 am

johnnotless wrote:Deysha,
I know the dealer can fix it...that's not the answer I was looking for. This same problem occurred last year on the other seat and the dealer repaired that one. However, this is a known and documented problem with these seats and Ford was of little help to the dealer in the last repair and of course it's out of the original warranty period. Nor does Ford acknowledge this is a chronic problem and issue a TSB or recall....extremely frustrating.
Since no one has posted, I just wanted to provide you with other options as well, johnnotless. Also, a TSB is a repair procedure sent to our dealers in case someone comes in with a specific concern. It is not a recall and it’s only covered under your new-vehicle limited warranty.

I’m happy to get this documented for future reference. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. Also, I recommend you keep all of your receipts. This way if a recall arises, you can submit them for possible reimbursement.

Deysha
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordServiceImage@FordTaurusImage@Ford
f: Imagefacebook.com/Ford