If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2015 Taurus SHO Adaptive Cruise control Issues

jwlogsdon

2015 Taurus SHO Adaptive Cruise control Issues

Post by jwlogsdon » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:51 am

2015 Ford Taurus SHO

I am not a fan of the Adaptive Cruise control. I don't like when it slows down, I would rather get a lot closer before it applies my brakes. I drive 40,000 mile a year and mostly drive high ways.
I want to default it to stay off. I know I can go thru the menu to turn it off every time i get in the car, but I want it to default to off. Or is there a way to adjust the radar so that it doesn't apply the brake when I'm 100 yards away.

I can turn off the driver alert permanently, why cant I turn off the adaptive cruise control permanently?

I also hate the radio, but I will leave that to another post....lol

The Bone

Re: Adaptive Cruise control Issues

Post by The Bone » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:09 am

ACC is dangerous. I need to talk to the dealer to see if they can just stop the active part. It pucks up trucks that are 2 lanes away and stomps on the brakes. I cant use cruise because of this. What a dumb option.

apial

Post by apial » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:48 pm

jwlogsdon wrote:2015 Ford Taurus SHO... I can turn off the driver alert permanently, why cant I turn off the adaptive cruise control permanently?
No there is no official way to deactivate it permanently, here is the official description:

Once the driver has selected the standard cruise control in the message center, the adaptive cruise control indicator is replaced by the standard cruise control indicator. The vehicle no longer responds to lead vehicles or automatic braking. Upon the next vehicle ignition cycle, the vehicle defaults back to the adaptive cruise control system.

However you could deactivate it by programming it out of the different modules, but than its not reversible by yourself. This is something the dealer can do with IDS if someone explains him how ;)
Let me know if you need details.
Sascha
Ford-Retrofit.com
Contact me for any kind of retrofits e.G to add NAV to your MFT(SYNC2)

Steele
Vehicle: 2013 Police Interceptor Sedan

Post by Steele » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:42 pm

The Bone wrote:ACC is dangerous. I need to talk to the dealer to see if they can just stop the active part. It pucks up trucks that are 2 lanes away and stomps on the brakes. I cant use cruise because of this. What a dumb option.
Adaptive cruise control is amazing, Ford just dropped the ball on their system.
2013 Police Interceptor Sedan

jmr061

Post by jmr061 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:40 pm

Mine works fine on my 16 Explorer. Perhaps you need to have yours serviced and realigned.
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015

drkbul
Vehicle: 13 Taurus SHO non-pp tux blk

Post by drkbul » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:55 pm

Howdy all. So when I received my 13 sho the adaptive wasn't working. While it didn't throw a code or indicate in any way there was a problem still didn't work. After taking it back to dealership a few times they did replace the module. After that it worked great. It doesn't apply the break untill it is almost to close for comfort, about 10-15 feet. As well that module also controls the auto dimming lights and other non essential functions. Because it controls non essential functions is reason why I believe it does not throw up a check engine light. So what I'm getting at is you might be able to disable it manually and is not mess with your car. It is located. Inside the Front bumper on the left hand side of the vehicle. You can see it without removing anything through the lower grill.