If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2010 Taurus SHO Hi-Perf w/ Stuck Injectors

SHO_Owner_John
Vehicle: 2010 Ford Taurus SHO Perf Pkg

2010 Taurus SHO Hi-Perf w/ Stuck Injectors

Post by SHO_Owner_John » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:04 pm

I spent a small fortune for my new 2010 Taurus SHO with performance package, ECO-boost, and all the bells & whistles. Loved it for 4 years. A/C problem last year cost $1K to diagnose/repair. Today $2,400 estimate for TWO fuel injectors stuck in open position on rear side. Dlr recommends also replacing third injector on that same side. There are many TSB's referencing fuel-injector problems. Why has Ford not been more pro-active? Any discount offered? Is Ford just hoping that the B2B warranty expires BEFORE the injectors stick? Very frustrating. Although I will continue to enjoy the car until it finally succumbs (which may be sooner than anticipated), I'm pretty sure this is my last Ford...ever. :roll:

The Bone

Re: 2010 Taurus SHO Hi-Perf w/ Stuck Injectors

Post by The Bone » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:31 am

You could replace the injectors yourself. it's not that hard. You probably be better off replacing all 6 since you have 2 bad ones and just keep the other good ones as spars. Injectors just go bad. Its not as bad as something internal that goes wrong. You dont say how many miles you have on your car. I have a 12 SHO.

PitFord

Post by PitFord » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:12 am

Just had the same thing happen to mine with 103000 miles. They are replacing all injectors, gaskets, O-rings along with oil change and coolant for $2200.

The worst part about this is it happened all of the sudden. No noticeable performance or fuel economy issues. Cruising at 75 mph and then it just started to choke.

MadTxn
Vehicle: 2010 Taurus SHO

Post by MadTxn » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:55 am

I've now had all of my injectors replaced within the past 18 months; some of them twice. I had my fuel tank cleaned and my fuel lines flushed, and more failed. Ford has been zero help. Has anyone figured out a cause better than "they just fail?"