If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Is there a full civilian look package for the new PI?

Whistler

Is there a full civilian look package for the new PI?

Post by Whistler » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Just curious about this... I know that there is a Police Interceptor "detective" package that makes it look more like the civilian version, but that still has the black grille, steel wheels with hubcaps, etc.

I have noticed a few cars that were obviously police vehicles with officers driving them (had LED lights in grille, visor, etc), but looked 100% like civilian Taurus (had the regular Taurus grille and alloy wheels from the SEL). Didn't get a close look inside so wasn't sure if they were PIs or Taurus that the police bought.

GhostRider
Vehicle: 2013 Ford Taurus Limited

Re: Is there a full civilian look package for the new PI?

Post by GhostRider » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:12 pm

I will bet that what you say was likely a retail Taurus. I dont know any PD that would go to the expense to put retail wheels, grille, etc on a PI Sedan.

The Police Interceptor Special Service Vehicle (SSV), slightly different from the regular PI Sedan, is as close as you will get. It has a retail tri-bar grille but still has the PI Sedan hubcaps and steel wheels. Trust me, nobody will ever notice the difference. People out there still believe police vehicles have a "cop chip" to make them fast..lol. The PI Sedan can be ordered with a center console with 2 cupholders in it that makes it look retail, but the shifter is still column mounted.
2013 Ford Taurus Limited FWD (301A Package)