If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Aftermarket HID kit for halogen projectors.

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Police Sedan

Aftermarket HID kit for halogen projectors.

Post by seandevero » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:51 pm

Three months ago i installed a 35w 4300k 9012 hid kit i bought off amazon using link on this site, i aligned the headlights per video on ford website using hid instructions and in that time i can now see the road, the signs, and well everything i couldn't with halogen. I was skeptical with people saying it wouldn't work, i say it does, and will never go back to halogen.

Has anyone else installed a aftermarket hid kit? And if you did are you as happy as me?

Vehicle: 2013 Ford PI Sedan wh EcoBoost

Re: Aftermarket HID kit for halogen projectors.

Post by cyg » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:09 am

I ended up going with one of the newer LED kits and was similarly impressed.

I was considering looking to replace PI halogen fixtures with the SHO HID ones, but the cost was astronomical in comparison.

Post by DomDoobie » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:16 pm

I had used the Morimoto Elite 55 Watt kit on my 2012 Taurus and it was fantastic. Just traded it for a 2017 and the stock Halogens are much better than the 2012 was but I'm going to go for the bucks and try the GTR Lighting Ultra Series LED Headlight kit. I've done a lot of research and they are the best ones out there right now. The Morimoto 2 Stroke also got good reviews. I'll let you guys know in a couple of weeks how it works out or if I throw $200 down the drain and then have to get HID's again lol. They say HID'S are better for projectors and some work great and some don't with LED'S. So I'm going to find out if it works in our cars. On the 2012 I tried a set of LED and I took them out in a day lmao. But those weren't like the GTR and the LED technology has got better.

Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Post by tk42188 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:37 pm

I bought and installed the HID 6k kit from Diode Dynamics and have been extremely pleased with it. The light is brilliant white and the cut off is perfect. They will be doing 20% on Black Friday, you guys should check their site out!

Vehicle: 2014 PI Ecoboost

Post by klrsmith » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:50 pm

Hey tk,

I've been thinking about ordering this kit - While I certainly had way better output with the +30 Volsa HIR2 bulbs I have been using for the last couple of years - they are definitely getting getting dimmer now and rather than replace them again, I'm interested in going HID.

When you installed your DD HID conversion, did you have to cut or drill out the dust covers when you installed the bulbs? Other than that, it looks to be plug and play with the additional harness. Is it still working well for you? I liked that the DD kit has a 3 year warranty, too bad I missed the Black Friday sale... :-(