If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2013 PI option questions

voyager
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

2013 PI option questions

Post by voyager » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:06 pm

Is there an automatic headlight option on the Interceptor? If there is, how does the 3-position switch work with that? Can you still turn the lights off completely? Will the headlight position be overridden by the auto? Oh, and if it has this can someone post the ForScan code to enable it?

Can you make the cigar lighters switched with the ignition? If so, is that a ForScan option? If so can someone post the code for it?

Are the A/B/C/D steering wheel light switches on all PIs? Mine has the radio control labels. Again, Forscan code if applicable as well as location of the control wires for that.

Do all the Interceptors have the rear camera? (I suspect not)

Last, is it possible to get the panel that has the AUX jack (and cable) and two USB ports? I know the code to enable the AUX.

mmsstar
Vehicle: 2011 Flex SE

Re: 2013 PI option questions

Post by mmsstar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Welcome, I can answer about the power points. They are hard wired to always hot 20Amp fuses in the battery junction box(under hood). If you want one switched you will need to re-wire it to a hot in run or accessory fuse in the body control module (under dash) Fuses F43 & F44 are unused and you can swap a 20Amp fuse in to either and wire to them.

voyager

Post by voyager » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:58 pm

One down - 4 to go. Thanks for the info. I was hoping they were like the trunk release on the CVPI - you have two points and plug into constant hot or switched hot. I'll likely just add more outlets since they are not easy to get to with the console.

Stick462

Post by Stick462 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 pm

I own a 2015 interceptor that came with auto head lights but has a 4 position head light switch.The day time headlights come on with the start of the car but if your turn the parking light on only the head lights and day time head lights go off.

voyager

Post by voyager » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm

To be clear, I'm talking about night auto-headlights and not DRL.

I'm surmising the 4 positions you have are Headlights, Parking Lights, OFF, and AUTO?

kyledooley

Post by kyledooley » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:24 pm

Stick462 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:24 pm
I own a 2015 interceptor that came with auto head lights but has a 4 position head light switch.The day time headlights come on with the start of the car but if your turn the parking light on only the head lights and day time head lights go off.
If you don't mind, I may ask a favor... I have a 2013 that I retrofitted the Civilian Auto headlight switch to. From what I've found, it's possible to do.

Everything works, head lights come on with key only when switch is in auto. The turn off with the switch in the off or park positions, and are on constantly in the headlight position.

The problem I have is in auto mode, when I start the car, the headlights start out off, but then quickly flick to on, no matter what the light level is, day or night. From what I can tell, the system defaults to off, it's looking for an ambient light signal, not seeing anything and defaulting to on. What I can't quite figure out is do I have a hardware issue (light sensor not detected/disconnected) or a software/coding problem?

If you don't mind, could I hit you up on PM for your VIN, so I can download and take a look up your as built data to compare to mine? (I know it's 15 vs. 13, but I'm trying to see if there are any distinct differences I can narrow down to in the areas around lighting, DRLs, etc.)

Otherwise, if anyone else out there has done this retro successfully, would you mind chiming in? Interested in your experience.

Thanks,

Kyle

kyledooley

Post by kyledooley » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:29 pm

voyager wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:06 pm
Is there an automatic headlight option on the Interceptor? If there is, how does the 3-position switch work with that? Can you still turn the lights off completely? Will the headlight position be overridden by the auto? Oh, and if it has this can someone post the ForScan code to enable it?

Can you make the cigar lighters switched with the ignition? If so, is that a ForScan option? If so can someone post the code for it?

Are the A/B/C/D steering wheel light switches on all PIs? Mine has the radio control labels. Again, Forscan code if applicable as well as location of the control wires for that.

Do all the Interceptors have the rear camera? (I suspect not)

Last, is it possible to get the panel that has the AUX jack (and cable) and two USB ports? I know the code to enable the AUX.
1. Later interceptors have it. I don't know if it's an option or standard after 2015.

2. My cigar lighters are switched. You can actually set in forscan a minutes delay for them to power off after key off. (I have not done this, but I have seen it in forscan). I'm sorry I don't have a reference right now, I'm on my phone.

3. The steering wheel swtiches on the right spoke are either standard radio switches or generic labeled aux 1/2 etc.

4. They don't all have rear camera, but I believe all the sync cars do, and it was an option on the non-sync. It may have become standard after a particular date.

5. It is possible to order the usb/aux-in plate. I believe it comes with the patch cable to the radio as well. If you do a quick search, you will find it in one of the useful part number threads.

Sterling_Ceptor
Vehicle: 2016 Ford PI Sedan

Post by Sterling_Ceptor » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm

Rear cameras were standard as of last year (2016) I believe.
2016 Ford PI Sedan

Mike B
Vehicle: 2014 Ford PI Sedan EcoBoost

Post by Mike B » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 pm

Rear cameras were standard in 2016 and were optional in 2013-2015.

Auto-lights were also an orderable factory option on the Police Taurus starting with the 2016 model year as well.