If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

ForScan setup instructions?

voyager
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

ForScan setup instructions?

Post by voyager » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:13 pm

Does anyone have a step by step reference for setting up ForScan?
Or is it just an install-n-run setup?

Sterling_Ceptor
Vehicle: 2016 Ford PI Sedan

Re: ForScan setup instructions?

Post by Sterling_Ceptor » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:47 pm

its just an install and go pretty much, as long as you have your OBDII adapter connected to your PC beforehand. At least it was for me! You do need to sign up on the Forscan forums and get the "extended" license and enter that into the "about" menu.
2016 Ford PI Sedan

italiasown

Post by italiasown » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 am

Hi Sterling_Ceptor, I have the ForScan application, the OBDII adapter, and was able to connect to my car and turn off "Dark Car Mode", thank god. But there are still things I am not sure of. Dark car mode was listed under a section where it actually tells you what you are changing. There is a section with addresses of things that you can change, with numerical values (the asbuilt) section. Do you know if the specs for a 2016 PI Sedan exist anywhere. When I use a document for an older PI Sedan, the values don't line up. There are literally 3 blocks of 4 numbers for the older model, but the newer only has 2 blocks of 4 numbers, so I don't want to brick anything.

Sterling_Ceptor
Vehicle: 2016 Ford PI Sedan

Post by Sterling_Ceptor » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:47 pm

italiasown wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 am
Hi Sterling_Ceptor, I have the ForScan application, the OBDII adapter, and was able to connect to my car and turn off "Dark Car Mode", thank god. But there are still things I am not sure of. Dark car mode was listed under a section where it actually tells you what you are changing. There is a section with addresses of things that you can change, with numerical values (the asbuilt) section. Do you know if the specs for a 2016 PI Sedan exist anywhere. When I use a document for an older PI Sedan, the values don't line up. There are literally 3 blocks of 4 numbers for the older model, but the newer only has 2 blocks of 4 numbers, so I don't want to brick anything.
They won't match up apples for apples, especially if you're comparing different years. Stuff changes...

What exactly are you looking to modify to what, I might be able to help. I have a '16 as well.
2016 Ford PI Sedan