If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Hood Switch Harness Installation

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

Hood Switch Harness Installation

Post by nate12387 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:31 pm

Hi guys,

Does anyone know how to install the hood switch harness for remote start? My 2016 taurus police interceptor didn't come with a harness installed but it does have the hood switch.

Thanks.

Nathan

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Re: Hood Switch Harness Installation

Post by mope » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:18 am

That's very odd - are you sure there's not a harness? I believe that all PI's came wired for the hood switch. It's especially odd that your vehicle has a switch but no harness.

I suspect that it was disconnected at the time of downfitting before sale. I just had my civilian 16 explorer apart so I'm familiar with the hood switch wiring (they should be similar). The wiring loom for the hood switch is an offshoot of the long run that drives the radiator fans (heading toward passenger side from fuse box). I assume you've removed your airbox lower; if you trace that radiator loom from the fans back to the fuse box, is there not an offshoot (or two) near the front driver frame rail?

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

Re: Hood Switch Harness Installation

Post by nate12387 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:30 pm

mope wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:18 am
That's very odd - are you sure there's not a harness? I believe that all PI's came wired for the hood switch. It's especially odd that your vehicle has a switch but no harness.

I suspect that it was disconnected at the time of downfitting before sale. I just had my civilian 16 explorer apart so I'm familiar with the hood switch wiring (they should be similar). The wiring loom for the hood switch is an offshoot of the long run that drives the radiator fans (heading toward passenger side from fuse box). I assume you've removed your airbox lower; if you trace that radiator loom from the fans back to the fuse box, is there not an offshoot (or two) near the front driver frame rail?
Thanks for the info. I actually just received the wire harness today. A google search is bringing up a few things about installing it. Most of them say to take it into the car and connect it to the body control module connector C2280F Pin 2. Is that the drivers side fuse box? And how would be the best way to get it through the grommet going through the firewall into the car? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan