If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Ouch!

Discuss anything else about the car
nabrum

Ouch!

Post by nabrum »

I just paid 3.44/gal for Shell. When I drove by earlier this pm it was $3.35, so I just made the upgrade :x

What are some of you paying for gas and what kind?

Word is that we'll hit $4/gal by this summer.
Gorgeous Merlot/Black Limited, CVT/AWD, Moonroof, Side Airbags, Reverse Sensors, etc.

tpr676

Post by tpr676 »

Wawa $ 2.97 Regular South Jersey

2008FordTaurus

Post by 2008FordTaurus »

Yesterday, I paid 3.299 for 87reg at Shell.
Filled all three (and they were nowheres near empty)... $115.00
On my way to work I saw $3.899 for diesel.

My sister is in Anchorage... $2.97!
2008 Ford Taurus Limited AWD
2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT 4X4

todd

Post by todd »

Around $2.95 in the Twin Cities.

http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com/
2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD
Silver Birch, Curt Class 2 Hitch
Montego LED tail lights
45K Trouble-free Miles & Now Dead. RIP.
Now: 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited

nabrum

Post by nabrum »

todd wrote:Around $2.95 in the Twin Cities.

http://www.twincitiesgasprices.com/
I guess being in all the cold has it's benefits after all :shock:
Gorgeous Merlot/Black Limited, CVT/AWD, Moonroof, Side Airbags, Reverse Sensors, etc.

nabrum

Post by nabrum »

2008FordTaurus wrote:Yesterday, I paid 3.299 for 87reg at Shell.
Yeah, like I said, earlier today the Shell 87 was 3.359, and went up by the time I filled up, and since we're paying the same amount of taxes, I assume yours went up today also.

The Arco right across the street from the Shell was 3.259 from the Shell at 3.439. They used to be 5c or so apart, now they're 18c apart. Ouch.

RStabb

Post by RStabb »

Three dollars and nine cents at the Wawa here for regular(Southeast PA.)... Up ten cents since last week.

Len_A

Post by Len_A »

$3.08 by my house in Westland for 87 octane regular, here on the west side of the metro Detroit area, but not more than a mile in the other direction, by I-275, it's 3.19 a gallon. Prices are all over the map here in southeast Michigan, from a low of 2.88 to 3.19 a gallon.

Having a Costco or Sam's Club membership isn't much of a help either. Nearest Costco to me, in Livonia, MI, is $3.04, yet the furthest from me, in a very affluent suburb northeast of Detroit is $2.93, all prices reported today on www.detroitgasprices.com. And my closest Costco, with a whole 4 cents a gallon savings, isn't worth the fifteen to twenty minutes I have to drive to get to it, either.
2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD, Merlot with a Pebble interior. Safety Package, Reverse Sensing System, and Moonroof. X-Pel Paint/Headlight Protection. Lots of Zaino on the paint!

That which does not kill you, only makes you...stranger.

nabrum

Post by nabrum »

Len_A wrote:Having a Costco or Sam's Club membership isn't much of a help either. ....
Does Costco have a Tier 1 type of gas? (Ironically Costco HQ is about 10 miles from my house, and a warehouse about 5 min away, but I don't buy gas there. Since we're empty nesters, we don't even shop there anymore - who needs bulk?)

Len_A

Post by Len_A »

nabrum wrote:
Len_A wrote:Having a Costco or Sam's Club membership isn't much of a help either. ....
Does Costco have a Tier 1 type of gas? (Ironically Costco HQ is about 10 miles from my house, and a warehouse about 5 min away, but I don't buy gas there. Since we're empty nesters, we don't even shop there anymore - who needs bulk?)
Costco, around here, gets their gas from BP.

My household is just my wife, myself, and our dog, a Shih Tzu, and we buy from both Sam's and Costco. My wife keeps real good records, and is quite the coupon queen, and what we save on some of our frequent warehouse club purchases usually pays for the membership with both clubs, but that's us. Your mileage may vary.
2005 Mercury Montego Premier AWD, Merlot with a Pebble interior. Safety Package, Reverse Sensing System, and Moonroof. X-Pel Paint/Headlight Protection. Lots of Zaino on the paint!

That which does not kill you, only makes you...stranger.

deletedaccount

Post by deletedaccount »

3.09 for regular unleaded at a Country store gas station that sells Mobil in East Texas. It's not the cheapest either just close and convenient. Nearest gas station is 12 miles after this one.

Barticus

Post by Barticus »

NY Long Island is goin for 3.37 for regular and 3.59+ for super. From what I hear is that by 2012 it will be around $10 much like europe. I may have to get rid of my taurus due to the 20 combine mpg.(the one thing i dislike about the 3.0Liter 24 valve)
'03 Taurus Centennial edition

redfire500

Price of gasoline

Post by redfire500 »

The price of gas today (2-28-08) varies from $2.97 to $3.09 in central Arkansas. It may change by tonight.

andysinnh

Post by andysinnh »

Here in southern NH price ranges from $2.98 to $3.03 per gallon, at least in my nonscientific poll earlier today. :D Further north in the state it's a bit less...

andy
2 "Ford" and 2 "Honda" Family in NH

05 Accord LX Sedan Auto 118k miles
07 Ford Freestyle Limited AWD 67k miles
04 Mazda Tribute LX AWD 107k miles
12 Acura TL SH-AWD 1k miles

Zeke

Post by Zeke »

nabrum -- While it appears that in Minnesota we get a cold weather benefit on the price, we also suffer poor mileage. I've been getting around 14mpg lately.

((BTW our state legislature just passed a gas tax increase over the governor's veto. I think it will be 5 cents initially.))

nabrum

Post by nabrum »

Zeke wrote:((BTW our state legislature just passed a gas tax increase over the governor's veto. I think it will be 5 cents initially.))
I think that's one of the reasons we're so high - all the state taxes. Washington leads in gas taxes, or is close to the top in taxes anyway.

todd

Post by todd »

Zeke wrote:nabrum -- While it appears that in Minnesota we get a cold weather benefit on the price, we also suffer poor mileage. I've been getting around 14mpg lately.

((BTW our state legislature just passed a gas tax increase over the governor's veto. I think it will be 5 cents initially.))
Actually, we benefit from having refineries right here in the Twin Cities. Less transportation costs to add to the price per gallon.

14mpg? Hmm, even with AWD the worst I get is 18mpg in the sub-zero crap we've been having. But then again, I drive a mix of highway and stop-go to get to my work.
2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD
Silver Birch, Curt Class 2 Hitch
Montego LED tail lights
45K Trouble-free Miles & Now Dead. RIP.
Now: 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited

nabrum

Post by nabrum »

todd wrote:Actually, we benefit from having refineries right here in the Twin Cities. Less transportation costs to add to the price per gallon.
Washington has refineries also. But we still have high gas taxes.

Dodger48

Post by Dodger48 »

I'm in a refinery city in Canada which is a net exporter of oil. Price here today equivalent to the US is $4.08/gallon. Keep your hands on your wallets.

Hyred

Post by Hyred »

$2.87 cash only wholesale....$2.98 charge at new station :lol: :lol: :lol: . Other surrounding stations hate this guy...they are all at $3.01-$3.05.