If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Reverse sensor not working

Discuss anything else about the car
05-Montego

Reverse sensor not working

Post by 05-Montego » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:41 am

I noticed earlier that when I was backing into my driveway that my reverse sensor was not working. I looked at the button and the light next to "Off" was illuminated regardless of what gear the car was in. I tried pushing the button while in Reverse but the sensor won't come back on.

I checked the fuse and it was fine. I also lifted up the edge of the rear deck speaker panel( don't know how to take the whole thing off) and the connections to the speaker for the reverse sensor seem fine.

I also put the car in reverse and put my ear to each sensors. Supposedly you should be able to hear a clicking noise if they're working. I couldn't hear any clicking on any of the sensors.

Any ideas? I don't rely solely on the sensor but it sure is nice to have in a parking lot.
2005 Mercury Montego Premier

pdwagner
Vehicle: 2014 Ford Taurus

Re: Reverse sensor not working

Post by pdwagner » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:25 pm

The reverse sensor on my 2014 Ford Taurus has suddenly started making a continuous warning sound as soon as the car is put in reverse, even if there is nothing behind the vehicle. My husband looked at the rear bumper and it appears that one of the sensors is missing. Would this case the problem?

Mmsstars

Re: Reverse sensor not working

Post by Mmsstars » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:09 am

Well if it got pushed into the bumper, yes! It is “seeing” the inside of the bumper.