If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Wiper arm cover part

Discuss anything else about the car
eolafan

Wiper arm cover part

Post by eolafan » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:18 pm

All of a sudden today I noticed the small platic cover part that covers the nut head where the wiper arm attaches to the spline at its base is missing. It is a purely cosmetic item, I know, but it really looks crappy without it and I am not sure if Ford dealer will have the part. I have never had one fall off like this before. Should Ford cover this?
Jim
2010 Taurus SEL/FWD/Tuxedo Black

todd

Post by todd » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:22 pm

Depends on your dealer......

If they value you as a customer, they will order/find that small piece and stick it on for no charge.

If they are profit-mongering fools, they will order an entire new arm and charge you for the arm and the labor.
2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD
Silver Birch, Curt Class 2 Hitch
Montego LED tail lights
45K Trouble-free Miles & Now Dead. RIP.
Now: 2010 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited

eolafan

Post by eolafan » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:56 pm

Well, I stopped by my dealer and their service department simply took one of these plastic parts off of a 500 on the lot and installed it on mine in less than five minutes. Hurray for FAIR OAKS FORD OF NAPERVILLE, IL :D
Jim

johnclineii

Post by johnclineii » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:37 pm

Yep. There is NO substitute for a GOOD dealer! You obviously have one that cares.

stodge

Post by stodge » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:56 pm

Crap! I forgot to ask for a replacement, and I dropped it off for a service this evening!
2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL (FWD) - Titanium Metallic Green
2008 Nissan Sentra S + CVT
--------------------
https://stodge.blogspot.com

eolafan

Post by eolafan » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:12 am

stodge wrote:Crap! I forgot to ask for a replacement, and I dropped it off for a service this evening!
Hi Stodge, sounds like you had the same experience as I did with that little plastic part coming off on you. It is really no big deal except it looks really crappy on a brand new car. I noticed after they put the new one on that it seems a little loose and so I am going to use a drop or two of Gorilla Glue to hold it (and the one on the other side as well) on. I suspect it came off in the car wash but it should not have if they designed these parts to stay on. Good luck Stodge.
Jim

Apollo

Post by Apollo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:46 am

I tried 2 dealers and they didnt have them in stock, down here in Dallas. They ordered one and it was 6.99 + tax. SIX Ninety-NINE! For a piece of plastic......arrgh.

:(

eolafan

Post by eolafan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:43 pm

Apollo wrote:I tried 2 dealers and they didnt have them in stock, down here in Dallas. They ordered one and it was 6.99 + tax. SIX Ninety-NINE! For a piece of plastic......arrgh.

:shock: $6.99, wow, although I didn't know the price until you mentioned it, this is exactly why I used a few drops of Gorilla Glue to keep this from happening again.
Jim

oldHamOperator

Post by oldHamOperator » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:55 pm

Apollo wrote:I tried 2 dealers and they didnt have them in stock, down here in Dallas. They ordered one and it was 6.99 + tax. SIX Ninety-NINE! For a piece of plastic......arrgh.

Which one did that to you? Just so I won't fall into their clutches when I'm there on one of our many visits to kinfolk.

Ken from Palestine

stodge

Post by stodge » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:34 am

I asked and they said "we'll have to order it", at which point I saw the dollar signs in their eyes and never mentioned it again.
2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL (FWD) - Titanium Metallic Green
2008 Nissan Sentra S + CVT
--------------------
https://stodge.blogspot.com

eolafan

Post by eolafan » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:57 pm

stodge wrote:I asked and they said "we'll have to order it", at which point I saw the dollar signs in their eyes and never mentioned it again.
There have to be some wrecked Fivers out there somewhere (not very many hopefully) and I wonder how much a junk card would charge for these? I'll bet about two bucks a piece which is a heck of a lot better than sevel dollars!
Jim

johnclineii

Post by johnclineii » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:33 pm

If it's like around here, they wouldn't sell such a small part at all, but wait to sell the whole front clip to someone willing to pay much more than seven dollars.

Apollo

Post by Apollo » Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:35 pm

oldHamOperator wrote:

Which one did that to you? Just so I won't fall into their clutches when I'm there on one of our many visits to kinfolk.

Ken from Palestine

I forgot the name.....the one on hwy 35.....south of hwy 20. But....I think that's just the standard price for the part. I'm getting Gorilla Glue.

oldHamOperator

Post by oldHamOperator » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:10 pm

Apollo wrote:
oldHamOperator wrote:

Ken from Palestine

I forgot the name.....the one on hwy 35.....south of hwy 20. But....I think that's just the standard price for the part. I'm getting Gorilla Glue.

Hi! Ken here again;
Out of my territory. My dealings in Dallas were mostly with Skyline, which is now Rodeo Ford off over on I 30 east about 1/2 mile inside loop 12. Skyline was a good bunch to deal with at that time.

We'll be in far northDallas and in Mesquite Christmas eve, but in Athens at my sister's home for Christmas dinner. Back in Palestine Christmas night.

johnclineii

Post by johnclineii » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:23 pm

Palestine. Seems an appropriate place to be for Christmas!