If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

No Headlights or front Turns. 13 PI Sedan

2L8iWON
Vehicle: 2013 Ford PI Sedan

No Headlights or front Turns. 13 PI Sedan

Post by 2L8iWON » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Hi,

I just picked up a 13 PI Sedan and forgot to check it more at the auction and so I missed looking to see if the Headlights and Turns worked. I noticed that the HAW's were removed in the front and rear of the sedan, but didn't double check anything else.

So now I am stumped I can see there is the headlight bulbs installed, and when I flick the high beams on I hear the loud relay kick in from the drivers side front but no headlights come on. I am trying to follow the Modifiers guide to attempt to track down the possible wires that are cut and I see that there are no wires cut in the front there are two connectors with nothing inside them one on either side and then on the drivers side there are four wires that were cut off.

But I cannot seem to solve how to get my front turns, and headlights to work. Any suggestions?

This is a picture from the passenger side.

Here is the drivers side.

Thanks again

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Re: No Headlights or front Turns. 13 PI Sedan

Post by mope » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:53 pm

Any progress on this yet? I can look tomorrow if it might help........i can say that i had a mess of unused plugs and snipped wires after the department removed the lights and sirens not unlike what your pics show. fortunately, all systems were functioning as expected so i didnt chase the rabbit too far (though i do have to take a look at the leftover whelen modules one of these days).
electrical toubleshooting over the internet is a damn hard game.

2L8iWON

Post by 2L8iWON » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:35 pm

So basically no changes, I have however gotten the Turn Signals, and Running Lights to work I had gotten a set of the bulbs from the wreckers and plugged them in and they work fine now.

I have checked all the fuses and 15,17 and 39 are all good, the bulbs are also good however there is no power still going to the bulbs themselves. When I check the plug inside the headlights there is no power yet again. I have the whole front bumper off and can see the whelen wig-wag module which is not connected so I reconnected it and it is still not getting power to the headlights Low or High beams.

I cant think of anything else that would be disconnected I've traced the wires from what I can see with the front bumper off to as far as I can see them and they are all connected, I can hear the relay in the front fender area thumping away when I flip the high beams on but still no light from the bulbs.

All in all I am pretty pissed and stumped because I cant seem to understand what would cause the lights to not work. I am about 30 seconds from just taking it to Ford and having them figure out what's wrong and then be done with it. but its Very aggravating that there is no rhyme or reason as to why they are not working. Makes no sense to me what the mechanics would have done to disable the light completely like this and why I cant find what ever they disconnected or cut.

mope
Vehicle: 2013 Interceptor

Post by mope » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:04 am

There's a jumper that runs from the headlight rear plug over to the bulb inside the headlight, maybe 5 inches of wire. It can be removed, but is tricky.
How are you determining that there's no power to the headlight bulb? Did you multimeter the harness plug when unplugged from the headlight? Sounds to me like something happened in there to blow all of your turn/running/headlights at once. If all other circuits maintained integrity after blowing the bulbs, I'd be surprised if the headlight circuit were the one to crap out. You did replace the headlight bulbs just to be sure, right?

2L8iWON

Post by 2L8iWON » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Yeah I used a multimeter to test the voltage from the headlight plug. I have 12v going to the shutter wire when the high beams are on and no voltage at all when the lights are switched on.

I was also testing trying to test BCM or whatever Ford is calling it now for the lights at the drivers kick panel the wires that run from the headlights run back to there but according to the Modifiers Guide it says pin's 1 and 2 are the main ones for the left and right headlights. I was tracing the wires from the headlights but I lose them as the whelen wig wag module runs on the pass side and I cannot find the blue/green or the brown/blue wires in the cluster of wires i can get access to.

Right now I have replaced the LED flasher for the old school halogen bulbs from another interceptor sedan and the running lights, turns and parking lights are all working now.

Im just left with no headlights now. I am trying to google the PI Sedan BCM to try to locate what wires are which so I can test them and see if it may actually be the BCM or the switch but I also have no idea which harness is the one with the headlights because there is a couple wires of the same color in a few of the bundles and none of them seem to be in pin 1 and pine 2 as described.

jmr061

Post by jmr061 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:43 pm

C2280E is the connector at the BCM with the low beam wires...pins 1 and 2 as you mentioned before. They run straight through to connectors C1021A (pin 2) and C1041A(pin 2) at the headlamp assemblies. Sounds like the wires were cut somewhere unless the BCM is bad. Have you checked that mysterious 4 conductor wire bundle that is cut to see if any of them get power when the headlamps are on?
Attachments
BCM C2280E.jpg
BCM C2280E.jpg (525.87 KiB) Viewed 1877 times
Jason
2016 Edge Sport
www.FordPIMods.com
I was looking over your site and wanted to say, thank you for all the info. - CrownedKing 11/2015

2L8iWON

Post by 2L8iWON » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:53 pm

Thanks for all your help. As it turns out I went to the wreckers and bought a new BCM however the car would not recognize it because its not programmed for my vehicle. However because I now had everything out of the floor pan area I finally saw that there was a new harness that was ran into the BCM which then had a new wiring harness and bundle of wires that ran to the rear of the car which then meant that I was able to see there was the original factory harness that was plugged into the upfitter harness and not the BCM which is why the wires were dead all the time at the headlights and at the rear of the wiring break out harness.

I unplugged the troy harness and disconnected all the aftermarket harnesses reconnected the factory harnesses and plugs into the BCM and my lights are all finally working. I will take pictures and post them so hopefully nobody else has to go thru what I did. But thank you for all the help!!

Now I have to work on a few of the other Mods for the car :)

Razor60
Vehicle: 2013 Taurus P.I. Sedan

Post by Razor60 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:55 pm

:( I am in the same situation as you were.

The connectors in photo 1 and 2 are for turn signals on MY CAR.
What make and model did you get your wires and sockets for turn signals from.
I went to wrecking yard but couldnt find anything that would work.

Could you send photos of what the socket and pigtail look like? I have no idea what to look for as everything is missing to those plugs. :?

Thanks
Razor60
Attachments
IMG_20180223_032550_LI.jpg
IMG_20180223_032550_LI.jpg (2.15 MiB) Viewed 967 times
IMG_20180223_032515_LI.jpg
IMG_20180223_032515_LI.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 967 times
IMG_20180223_031648_LI (2).jpg
IMG_20180223_031648_LI (2).jpg (2.14 MiB) Viewed 967 times