If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

My Ford 500 is FALLING APART!!! Please help!

Discuss anything related to the engine, electronics, transmission, etc.
carpenter12
Vehicle: 2007 Ford Fivehundred

My Ford 500 is FALLING APART!!! Please help!

Post by carpenter12 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:42 pm

sorting out the problems with my Ford 500.

So I have a 2007 Ford 500 with almost ~140k miles on it.

My A/C doesn't work - blows hot air. I replaced the compressor a year ago in early September and the system finally started to build up pressure. However, that didn't last long as all of my R-134a has leaked out in around 14 days. Then winter hit and I started using the heater, which also doesn't work correctly. For some odd reason, once I turn the heat on, all my windows FOG UP like crazy to the point where theres absolutely no visibility. I literally have to wipe all the fog with a towel at every red light stop to have at least a very small degree of being able to see the road. Even when I turn the defogger on, it ironically fogs up the windows even more.

Transmission. This is another huge issue. My gears aren't changing correctly to the point where I was literally @ 6000rpm in 1st year before it would shift into 2nd. I replaced the trans fluid with fully synthetic ATF and it seemed to have fixed the issue, as the old trans fluid looked more like a black incredibly viscous tar rather than a "fluid." Now around 7 months later, the issues started happing again; the transmission just doesn't shift right; it started to slip through the gears when I am decelerating. Usually a loud bang (like someone hitting the car with a hammer); I believe the slippage occurs @ 2nd gear but I am no mechanic.

Back to A/C. Now summer hit and living in area where its 100F and 85% humidity just kills me without A/C. I have to fill up with r-134a every week now to have cold. And it blows cold until it all leaks out. I did buy r-134a regularly (including the one with a sealant) and at this point I am just fed up paying $40 every week for my A/C. I also spend $70 on a r-134a with DYE and we could NOT find any leaks - nothing around compressor/condenser/hoses/seals. Also, when I pump r-134a, it only becomes cold when I overcharge the system - why? I don't know. Another strange thing, when I am driving with A/C on cold and accelerating, I can actually hear the R-134A escaping! My gut says that it's an evap leaking but I could be wrong.

EGR valve. Had this show up on my check engine light; it went off after a week or so and never came back again. Unclear what happened.

Throttle valve. The car can get really jerky when I am standing at a stop light or in a drive through. Without any input from me, the car launches forward BY ITSELF! Also, when I am in Park and have A/C on max, just rotating the steering wheel causes the revs to go up with my foot completely OFF the gas pedal. I have no idea why is that.

I am really at a point where i want to say goodbye to this car but with so many issues (including cracked bumper, massive hail damage, fogged up headlights, ripped seats, no radio) I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy this car.

I realize that this is a lot of information to take in, but please read at least some of it and suggest as to what I can do to fix these issues. I am all 100% DIY as I don't have any money for pay for labor or anything like that. I pay just for parts.

Thanks a lot !