If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

2008 Taurus X whining/buzzing

brianlebeau
Vehicle: 2008 Ford Taurus X SEL

2008 Taurus X whining/buzzing

Post by brianlebeau » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:23 am

Ok I'm new here but I visit this site often for advice and troubleshooting but I can't find anything specific to my issue. My Taurus X has 157k miles on it and has had a whining/buzzing noise for several years. It has gotten worse over the years and goes away when I turn right but gets louder when I turn left. With this info, I replaced both front wheel bearings and front brakes while I was in there. The problem didn't go away and has continued to get worse. Now, it's to the point that when you start the car it's whining, when you give it gas it gets louder and when you turn left it gets louder, it also changes in pitch when you go over bumps. I've replaced both wheel bearings and the front left facing motor mount. The tires have no issues, the suspension is original but has no clunking or over exaggerated movement over bumps. It's just this consistent whining noise coming from the front engine bay area, oh and it tends to go away once you drive for awhile. Sometimes it goes away after 10 miles, sometimes it takes 50-100 miles to go away. My personal opinion is that it's transmission/torque converter related but any advice would be helpful.