If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Carpet upgrade, dark mode, led taillights 15 Taurus upgrades?

Soda_can_dan
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TAURUS POLICE INTCPR

Carpet upgrade, dark mode, led taillights 15 Taurus upgrades?

Post by Soda_can_dan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:11 pm

New Taurus owner with some questions for the Taurus know it alls :lol:
I just got a 2015 Taurus police interceptor 3.7l 25k miles. It has the rubber floors. I’m looking to upgrade them to carpet. Does any company sell a molded carpet set? Or is it dealer only?

Interior lights don’t turn on when door is opened, I’ve heard it’s because it’s set to “dark mode”....? I have no idea what that is, any one know how to change that?

Also, I noticed Ford updated the taillights to leds in the 2018 model. I really like the way they look. If I was to buy a set off a 2018 would they swap right into my 2015 non led setup?

Lastly, the car has a unity non led spotlight, where can I buy the led bulb? And does anyone know which one in particular it would be?

Any help to one or all questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Soda_can_dan
Vehicle: 2015 FORD TAURUS POLICE INTCPR

Re: Carpet upgrade, dark mode, led taillights 15 Taurus upgrades?

Post by Soda_can_dan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Also the front speakers don’t work, I’m wondering if this is similar to the interior lights being programmed to dark mode?

billross
Vehicle: 2013 Taurus Police Interceptor

Post by billross » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:50 am

Dark mode on/off is a setting in the car's electronics (computer). You can have your local Ford dealer turn off dark mode or you can get some free software called Forscan and do it yourself. With dark mode turned off, when you open any door the interior lights above your mirror will light and the parking lights outside will light. With Forscan (and a new key fob) you can also enable remote door/trunk locks, remote starter, and other things as well.
-Bill
Daily Driver: 2013 Taurus Police Interceptor, Smokestone, All-wheel drive, 44,000 miles, 1,500 idle hours.
2nd Daily Driver: 2007 Crown Vic P71, Smokestone Metallic, SAP, 101,000 miles, 330 idle hours.
Weekend Driver: 2014 Shelby GT500 Coupe, Ruby Red Metallic, Stripe Delete, SVT Performance Pkg.

kc2kvy
Vehicle: 2015 PI

Post by kc2kvy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:30 am

Re: Front speakers - there is a connector under the radio console area that Ford allows you to use to patch in a police radio to the front speakers. I'd guess this was used in your car and you need to check to see if those connectors are intact.

For the spotlight, the LED upgrade is available from Unity's website.