If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Auto-lock and auto unlock enable 2014 interceptor sedan

Faldo
Vehicle: 2014 police interceptor sedan

Auto-lock and auto unlock enable 2014 interceptor sedan

Post by Faldo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:19 am

Has anyone been successful in getting auto-lock and auto-unlock to work on an interceptor sedan? I enabled the feature with Forscan (it also shows up in the instrument cluster) but the locks won't engage. I have the remote lock, and remote start enabled and both of those are operational, so I thought auto-lock would work. I followed the Ford programming to enable or disable auto-lock:

Close all the doors.
Make sure that the ignition switch is in the ’OFF’ position.
Turn the ignition switch from ’OFF’ to ’RUN’.
Press the power door lock ’UNLOCK’ button three times.
Turn the ignition switch from ’RUN’ to ’OFF’.
Press the power door lock ’UNLOCK’ button three times.
Turn the ignition switch from ’OFF’ to ’RUN’.
Listen for the vehicle’s horn to chirp one time.

That worked fine, I got the one horn chirp but then it says to:

press the power door lock ’UNLOCK’ button one time to command the RAP module to toggle the auto-lock/relock feature ON or OFF.
Press the power door lock ’LOCK’ button once to enter the command.
Listen for the vehicle’s horn to chirp one time.

It would not give the confirmation chirp so I'm baffled as to why it won't work. Ideas?

Mike B
Vehicle: 2014 Ford PI Sedan EcoBoost

Re: Auto-lock and auto unlock enable 2014 interceptor sedan

Post by Mike B » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Mine is a 2014 just like yours ( also came with the factory FOB for the doors/trunk ) and was a no-go. Did like the manual suggested, and nothing.

My 2011 CVPI, and even my 2007 CVPI before that had this feature, and it kinda surprised me that these newer sedans don't.

andynumbers
Vehicle: 2015 FPIS 3.7 AWD

Post by andynumbers » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:53 am

I can confirm that I also cannot enable the auto lock in my 2015 by following these directions. Auto lock might simply be completely removed for PI's. You might need to ask a Ford fleet mechanic if they can give you a definitive answer. Sucks too because I actually like that feature. I usually rest my arm on the door when I'm driving and the lock sticking up is annoying. So having to manually lock the car when I'm driving is doubly annoying.

Faldo
Vehicle: 2014 police interceptor sedan

Re: Auto-lock and auto unlock enable 2014 interceptor sedan update

Post by Faldo » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:21 pm

So I can get the auto lock function to work but if you use the fob to lock the doors when you get out of the car the next time you start the car and drive, the auto locks will not work. If you reset it in the options, it works again. Not really sure why it does that. My interceptor did not come with remote Fobs but I enabled it using Forscan and everything worked properly. I never did get the auto unlock feature to work, but I was never concerned about having that feature.

nate12387
Vehicle: 2016 ford taurus police interc

Post by nate12387 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:37 pm

I ended up having Columbus car audio in Columbus, OH install a Compustar keyless entry and remote restart system that has that function. It works very well.