If you shop at Amazon.com (for anything), use this link to support FordTaurus.net!

Auto Week Magazine Wants To Hear From You!

Webmaster
Site Administrator
Vehicle: 2002 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew

Auto Week Magazine Wants To Hear From You!

Post by Webmaster » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:43 pm

Auto Week magazine has been in touch with me. They are preparing an upcoming AutoFile article for their magazine and want to hear from Five Hundred owners.

If you are interested in providing input, please send an e-mail to <edit:address removed since article has been written> with the following:
1. Model/trimline with VIN and date of purchase
2. Price paid before taxes
3. A write up on the likes and dislikes of the car with explaination
4. Location
5. Other Models considered

I want to make it clear that I am not affiliated with Auto Week and your participation is voluntary. But I think this is a great opportunity and I'm very pleased to be able to present it to you.

Regards,
Kelly
Last edited by Webmaster on Wed May 18, 2005 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stoker1

Post by Stoker1 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:53 am

Kelly, great, what's the timeframe i.e. when does this end?

Webmaster
Site Administrator

Post by Webmaster » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:45 am

Good question, I'm not sure. But I think it's fairly soon. I'll ask.

500FX

Post by 500FX » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:33 am

I know most auto magazines never publish complete VIN numbers, as this is a privacy issue, and I have some reservation about furnishing a complete VIN number. There are portions of the VIN that describe the model/trim, etc. and other parts of the VIN that denote the serial number. Will they take a partial VIN with the last few digits X'd out?

deletedaccount

Post by deletedaccount » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:58 am

Kelly,

That's great!

My info is coming to you.

Whatever got into them, to concentrate on an American nameplated car and actually write a review on it?

Although we love our Montego, I certainly will not hold my breath for anything positive to come out of autoweek on the 500/Montego. But that didn't stop me from buying American.

It's Detroit's best kept secret for years to drive prices up by comparing apples to oranges and berate the big three. Another words comparing Foreign nameplated cars with morphed out options, features and hefty price tags versus the more thrifty American made counterpart that isn't stuffed with tons of Japanese gadgetry. example: Ford Taurus versus Toyota Camry! Yes The Ford Taurus did outsell the Camry for MANY MANY years, until one-sided auto magazines stacked the deck against the big three.

Why? Your guess is as good as mine.

Webmaster
Site Administrator

Post by Webmaster » Mon May 16, 2005 8:47 pm